Re: No sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC after death in Prison Escape

by Redlegg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC after death in Prison Escape

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I read this topic No sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC...  post #28, in an effort to solve this problem.  While it did work one time after the death at the prison escape mission, I died and the game went into a constant loading sequence, so I had to Alt+F4 to exit.  Once again I have no sound in the game. I also tried everything else mentioned on that page.

I had no problem before this over 6 hours of playing.  Having died numerous times the game always reloaded at my last checkpoint with sound.  I also play BF5 and BF1 without this problem every happening.  I am hoping that there is a solution because when I delete the folders as directed in that post I have to re-verify all of my Battlefield games.

Thanks

I've attached my dxdiag.txt file for reference. 

Message 1 of 5 (896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

I'n concerned the save file was corrupted since you mentioned it went into an infinite load. Do you have any other save files you can try playing the game from, or play that specific mission from scratch again?

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (823 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @Redlegg!

It looks like you're on an older build of Windows 10. I would try updating it if you can by searching "Windows Update" in your desktop search bar. I also recommend right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "Repair" to see if that fixes the no sound issue for you. Sound cards need to be updated with the later driver, so the article below might get this fixed for you as well.

Updating Drivers and Devices

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I'll check those tips out!

Message 3 of 5 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I did all of your suggestions, and still no sound. So maybe someone else has some ideas.

Message 4 of 5 (837 Views)

Community Manager

I'n concerned the save file was corrupted since you mentioned it went into an infinite load. Do you have any other save files you can try playing the game from, or play that specific mission from scratch again?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (824 Views)