New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

by michaelgvh

Original Post

Re: New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

★ Guide

Make sure your anti-virus is not blocking punkbuster, also check windows firewall. 

Punkbuster has 2 services running in the background in order to check your PC for hacks or 3rd party programs influencing the game.

They are called:

PnkbstraA

In order to enable both do:

1. Press Windows button and R at the same time

2. enter "Services.msc"

3. Locate PnkBstraA on the list

4. Mark both and select "Start the service" on the left side.

5. If already running restart it.

This should resolve your issue.

Message 11 of 33 (1,909 Views)

★ Novice

I have done that and still get the same boo message after trying to unsuccessfully logging in for the past 1 hour!!

Message 12 of 33 (1,903 Views)

★★★ Novice

PnkBstrA service is and has always been running, and no antivirus/firewall is blocking it (disabeled for testing purposes on a FRESH windows install)

Message 13 of 33 (1,899 Views)

★★ Novice

@StevenB83 wrote:

I have NO programs open besides Origin, so maybe that's it? I have also reinstalled windows 8.1 pro on a spare drive I had lying around.. installed Nvidia drivers, Origin and BF4... updated PB, but still getting kicked... PB = BS

So you went so far as to set up a machine that technically only has origin, BF4, PB, and the required drivers on it... and you are still getting kicked for having a disallowed program/driver?  That is a lot of dedication.

Also, I think that makes it pretty clear that this is a PB issue.  Gee, it doesn't keep people from hacking like fiends, and it kicks legit people... that program is REALLY good.  

Message 14 of 33 (1,887 Views)

★★ Novice

i have this same problem only on certain servers though not all servers? punkbuster enabled ines obviously

Message 15 of 33 (1,868 Views)

★★★ Novice

@warchilde1971 wrote:

So you went so far as to set up a machine that technically only has origin, BF4, PB, and the required drivers on it... and you are still getting kicked for having a disallowed program/driver?  That is a lot of dedication.

Also, I think that makes it pretty clear that this is a PB issue.  Gee, it doesn't keep people from hacking like fiends, and it kicks legit people... that program is REALLY good.  

Indeed, I had to make sure none of my applications were the cause, and I found this way to be quicker than removing one after another.. I don't regret it as it proved to me that it might have taken longer since I got what I belive cannot be anything but false positive without ANY of them installed..

I like the idea of PB, but seeing that it doesn't stop the hackers, but rather being a nuisance to legit players, I strongly dislike it.
ALL of my favorite servers have PB enabled, which makes me sad atm.. Tongue out

Message 16 of 33 (1,865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have no changes. Still getting this almost every game after about a half-hour. I'm worried I'm going to get some sort of permanent bans from servers or PB for repeated kicking even though it only says I'm being kicked for 0 minues.

Message 17 of 33 (1,811 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Well guys there are some steps that you can try 

Do every step in this page to fix this problem http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-punkbuster-troubleshooting/ also re-install your drivers and re-download them from the official driver page 

Also try this additional steps 

1. Open windows firewall
2. click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. make sure that "all programs that meet the specifications" is checked
6. then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. go to these 2 links:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
10. download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. add a game (eg. bf4)
13. check for updates.

And this is are the last steps  but it is not specifically for bf4 https://help.ea.com/en/article/punkbuster-technical-issues/ 

If nothing works then pleas wait till the issue is corrected and update is launched but this steps did help some players so it is worth a try 

If this helps,pleas click the white XP button and add some XP to me
If this solves your question,click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem

Message 18 of 33 (1,803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Windows Firewall is Off.

Nothing is blocking PB from working.

Message 19 of 33 (1,797 Views)

★★★ Novice
Firewall off here as well on a fresh windows 8.1 install with only latest Nvidia driver and Origin + BF4. Tried with and without updating PB in various ways. Even tested connecting the computer directly to my fibre modem ( nothing blocked ). Same issue. Had some luck the other day and could play a few whole matches before it started again.
Message 20 of 33 (1,766 Views)