New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

by michaelgvh

Original Post

New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

★★★★ Novice

Seriously, I have no idea what's causing this. I understand it thinks there is an overlay or something, but I'm not running anything odd or hacking in the background. This sucks - it lets me play for like 20 minutes then throws me out.

Message 1 of 33 (4,107 Views)

Re: New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

★ Guide

if you get that message than you have some other prg's running in the backgroud , just see that you just run bf4 or Bf3 and no other games

Message 2 of 33 (4,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Accroting to Task Manager - Origin, Firefox for the server Browser, and BF4 are the only Applications running. Aside from that, there are lots of 'processes' in the background that all seem benign.

Message 3 of 33 (4,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

@heinztomato wrote:

if you get that message than you have some other prg's running in the backgroud , just see that you just run bf4 or Bf3 and no other games

I have not installed a single program since BF4 and this started after the latest PB update, so I think they should get their act together and stop ruining the game for legit players..
I had macro software for my Logitech G15, but I never used it and it didn't cause issues before, but even with it disabeled (process killed) I still get kicked. Nor do I have any kind of overlay software.. so what gives?

Message 4 of 33 (3,994 Views)

Hero

Sometimes there will happen false positives where a legitimate application will be the recognized as something else. Virus programs do this as well.

There's only a few things to do:

• Wait until there's a new Punkbuster update where it's fixed
  • Close all programs, check it works, enable programs one by one until you find the culprit and don't have that running until it's fixed
  • Stop playing on punkbuster enabled servers until it's fixed

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 33 (3,986 Views)

★ Novice

This is BS!

Message 6 of 33 (3,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have NO programs open besides Origin, so maybe that's it? I have also reinstalled windows 8.1 pro on a spare drive I had lying around.. installed Nvidia drivers, Origin and BF4... updated PB, but still getting kicked... PB = BS

Message 7 of 33 (3,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I re-installed PunkBuster and now the PunkBuster A process is not even running so I can't even get to picking where to deploy from.  

Message 8 of 33 (3,960 Views)

★★ Novice
Error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'RIPTERROR' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Having the same exact problem - updated Punkbuster - same error - uninstalled Punkbuster and reinstalled - same error -
Checked for Services running and it doesn't even show PnkBstrA running, at all......... 

So WTF now?!
Message 9 of 33 (3,955 Views)

Hero

@RIPTERROR wrote:
Error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'RIPTERROR' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Having the same exact problem - updated Punkbuster - same error - uninstalled Punkbuster and reinstalled - same error -
Checked for Services running and it doesn't even show PnkBstrA running, at all......... 

So WTF now?!

That is a completly different problem. There's probably 100+ threads about that in here.

carbonic signature

Message 10 of 33 (3,939 Views)