My computer freezes when I start Battlefield 4 servers.

by Klopkas7

Original Post

My computer freezes when I start Battlefield 4 servers.

★ Novice

My computer freezes when i start battlefield 4 servers,In campaign it works ok,I didn't have this issue untill i updated my video card on my computer

video card:AMD Radeon R9 200 series; video memory 2 gb;DAC type:internal DAC (400 MHz)

Please help i would like to play Battlefield 4 Multiplayer,I really love the game Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Re: My computer freezes when I start Battlefield 4 servers.

Hero (Retired)

Try  this.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Disable Mantle and try Direct X

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Fraps, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, ASRock eXtreme Tuner and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4. Since last patch more programs now give issues :/

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)