Re: Multiplayer crashes when "Deploy" is clicked.

by schfartzkoph

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiplayer crashes when loaded - I solved my issue, does this help yours?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm not very computer literate, so I've linked what I can from Speccy.

But first, the details - I've recently got BF4 for the PC, and I can play singleplayer perfectly fine with no issue, I can browse the forums, select servers, customize loadouts - heck I can even load up the firing/testing range. I can even load up mutliplayer, I can watch the map playout ingame etc - but once I click "Deploy" and the game actually starts myside, the game freezes, then says Battlefield 4 has stopped working - and then it closes down. This has happened multiple times over the past 36hrs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

[2048MB AMD Radeon HD 6950] x2 

- my CCC is on 14.4, not that that even loads up. 

Message 1 of 4 (253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiplayer crashes when "Deploy" is clicked - Fixed my issue!

★★★★ Novice

So I managed to fix it - after deleting and reinstalling my Graphics updates, I still had no luck - 

However!

I noticed on the off chance, a server I tried to join, it came up with a punkbuster error, that I was missing a dll - so upon searching the interwebs I found the location of the dll, and installed it - 

I found it at Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Battlefield 4 > _Installer > directx > redist and there be a file called DXSETUP - I  ran this and it seems to have fixed the issue. The issue that took me a little over 4 days to figure out, with little to no help from anyone.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Still trying after 48hrs, fully removed and reinstalled my .net, and ati/amd updates, and still nout

Message 2 of 4 (234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I manage to get in, jump over a fence and then it kicks me off the client... And this after I done the Origin games> bf4>_installer>dx>_redist> dxsetup thingy

Message 3 of 4 (230 Views)

Re: Multiplayer crashes when "Deploy" is clicked - Fixed my issue!

★★★★ Novice

So I managed to fix it - after deleting and reinstalling my Graphics updates, I still had no luck - 

However!

I noticed on the off chance, a server I tried to join, it came up with a punkbuster error, that I was missing a dll - so upon searching the interwebs I found the location of the dll, and installed it - 

I found it at Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Battlefield 4 > _Installer > directx > redist and there be a file called DXSETUP - I  ran this and it seems to have fixed the issue. The issue that took me a little over 4 days to figure out, with little to no help from anyone.

Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)