Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

by tiagolma

Original Post

Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

★★★ Newbie

Hope this helps, because it had driven me nuts, tried every suggestion on this site and some others.  My problem ended up being the unifying receiver on my logitech keyboard and mouse.  I had it installed in a rear usb port and never had the first issue with either the keyboard or mouse until BF4, so for most things it works fine there but with BF4 had lag and freeze issues...  FIX (at least for me): move the unifying receiver from the rear of the tower,  closer to the keyboard.  I used the USB extension hub that came with the k/m combo and installed in the same rear port. All is fine now...

Message 191 of 200 (3,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried everything ,

then it figured it was just one simple thing, overlooked here.

DISABLE ORIGIN IN-GAME !

Worked for me.

Message 192 of 200 (3,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No need to uninstall, just close the MSI Afterburner & GeForce Experience before you launch the game. Once you started a multi player game, you can start MSI Afterburner again.

Message 193 of 200 (3,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aside from upgrading your video card driver to the lastest version, installing the lastest PunkBuster, repairing the game in Origin, unplug- repluging the monitor (duel monitor) and uninstall then reinstalling Origin and BF4....

Try the following 2 things

1. Disable Origin in Game

Go to Origin >> click "Origin" in the top left corner >> click "Application Settings" >>click on the tab labeled "Origin In Game" >> uncheck the box "Enable Origin In Game"

2. Turn off MSI Afterburner & GeForce Experience. Then launch BF4 multi-player, start a game. Then after loaded into the game, click "alt+Tab" to select back to the desktop and you can reluanch MSI Afterburner or GeForce Experience again.

Hope this helps!

Message 194 of 200 (3,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks,  your advice worked for me!  Hope this helps others.  There is nothing more frustrating than waiting to get into the game, then having your mouse not function in the deploy screen.  My mouse worked in BF3, but not BF4.

Message 195 of 200 (3,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It works! Disable ORIGIN!

Message 196 of 200 (3,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can't run. I can only walk

Asus Keyboard Model KB73211

Asus Mouse Model MOEWUO

Asus ROG G20AJ

Message 197 of 200 (2,193 Views)

Message 198 of 200 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes... click on game title > Settings > Game properties > deselect 'Enable Origin In Game for Battlefield 4'. Also works for BF3, deselect 'Enable Origin In Game for Battlefield 3'.

Message 199 of 200 (1,097 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with BF4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what you have tried to solve it.

/Atic

Message 200 of 200 (1,042 Views)