Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

by tiagolma

Original Post

Re: Can't use Keyboard + Mouse in bf4 PC

★★ Novice

This is the same problem I am having as well.  I first noticed this problem during the beta.  I tried playing the beta and could not spawn there.  I assumed that this would be fixed for the real game and sadly it is not.  Nothing has changed I still can not use the keyboard or mouse and certainly can not spawn in.  I am at my wit's end here and don't know what else I can try as I have looked up and researched a million different possible fixes and none have worked.  I need someone from EA tech support to fix this problem as I have shelled out 60 dollars for this.  This is just unacceptable.

Message 11 of 200 (20,632 Views)

Re: Mouse and keyboard not working ingame

★★★★ Novice

The issue isn't with the keyboard/mouse in particular. I believe the issue that strossicro is referring to has been a problem since the beta that myself and thousands of others had and reported on the forums. I have this same issue as well and this is what happens: You can choose any server, it will start loading the level etc. The game then loads and you see the map loading screen and hear the game volume. Then once you reach the deployment screen you can't click on anything, you can't press escape to access the menu, can't pick a spawn point/soldier class. You can see various items moving on the map layout and can sometimes see things on the minimap view at the bottom left corner. If you wait it out, eventually you will be kicked for idle inactivity.

The same issue occurs when loading single player as well. The loading video is shown, then you reach a scree where it says press enter. However, pressing enter doesn't do anything so single player can't be played as well.

The proposed solutions have been updating punkbuster from evenbalance, updating graphics drivers, or repairing the game install on origin.

None of these solutions worked during the beta, and unfortunately the same problem persists with the release of BF4. This issue is quite disappointing as myself and thousands of others had hoped there would be a resolution following this problem during the beta.

My specs for what it's worth:

Windows 8 64 Bit 

Intel i7 4770

Asus H87-Plus Mobo

16 GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance Memory

ATI RAdeon HD 4870

Message 12 of 200 (20,517 Views)

Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

★★ Novice
I had the same issue. Had to remove my joystick to resolve the issue?
Message 13 of 200 (20,638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Physically disconnect it or are you talking about a setting? I don't have a joystick so I don't believe this solution would apply to me.

Message 14 of 200 (20,611 Views)

Re: Mouse and keyboard not working ingame

★★★★ Novice

Any suggestions?

Message 15 of 200 (20,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Message 16 of 200 (20,594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. This should have been fixed by now and I agree that it's completely unacceptable. Not being able to play because the game isn't responding to mouse and keyboard input is extremely frustrating. I don't underestand why this is happening at all, as all games require input handling, so surely you could just copy and paste code from BF3.

Message 17 of 200 (20,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue!

I don't know I pulled it off but I was able to get the game to recognize my keystrokes/ mouse in multiplayer, simply buy selecting the "battlefeed" located on the little blue bar that pops up when loading a multiplayer map, I then could change the settings from windowed to fullscreen and could play.

However, this issue is still persisting in single player, I load the campaign, watch the stupid little 8 second intro, then when it says "hit enter" I spam the key and nothing happens, then it loops back and forth. if I minimize the window I can't bring it back up and thus have to open my task manager to close the program.

this is incredibly infuriating. I basically spent money on a game that's only works "sometimes". and to top that off...whenever I try to play multiplayer (or single player) I get a pop up telling me to upgrade from AMD13.4 to 13.9, IM USING AMD. 13.11 BETA, WTF EA?? get your act together please.

Message 18 of 200 (20,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting that same message regarding the drivers as well, but I have the latest drivers for my video card. People are posting new questions every minute, so it's tough to get an answer as people are just bombarding these guys with new questions.

Message 19 of 200 (20,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would suggest commenting in this thread pretty frequently as there are new questions regarding miscellaneous issues among people who can actually play the game being posted every few minutes. Here are a few other threads with the same problem:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Mouse-and-keyboard-not-working-ingame/m-p/1738363#M22333

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Can-t-use-Keyboard-Mouse-in-bf4-PC/m-p/1742357#M23652

3 threads and no proposed solutions.... I pre-ordered this game to get the close beta, couldn't play the closed or open beta due to this same issue, and now I can't play the official release due to the same problem.

One word: unacceptable.

Message 20 of 200 (20,539 Views)