Re: Make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

★★★ Novice

I recently copied a backup of my BF4 from 2013 to the Origin Games folder & ran a repair game, it downloaded updates then said it was all good to go. I can't connect to any online servers. I've scoured the entire forums, help sections, youtube, google, duckduckgo & everything I've tried does not get me back onto multiplayer. I've Uninstalled, deleted the left over folders/files of the following & then also reinstalled, Microsoft C++ Redistributable, Battlelog Web Plugins, Adobe Flash Player, Punkbuster from the Punkbuster Website, a few files from the Game root folder. I redid the port forwarding on my router, default reset the windows firewall & re allowed everything as it opened to connect to the internet. I've ran powershell/cmd commands to clean up the pc.

IF YOU LINK ME THE PORT FORWARDING YOU ARE MENTALLY SLOW, a link won't fix what's already opened.

I can start the game singleplayer & open the test range.

There should be a warranty on games so that when the developers ruin them further we're covered & get our $ back for something that definitely no longer works, not that it ever did & that's the reason I uninstalled it in the first place.

Message 1 of 8 (4,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

To try and help you read this if not done or recheck all steps are done..

http://help.ea.com/in/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

If this fails to help then give this a try as it sure cant hurt...

Run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Check your firewall to be sure it is open to the game and not blocking it.
Below are programs known to make issues in BF4

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gigs ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service , Fraps, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, RivaTuner , ASRock eXtreme Tuner, Steam, Skype, aero ,Overwolf extra program in teamspeak and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

Another thing to try is re- install origin only not your game just origin.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin You should not be prompted to update.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,964 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello

For Battlefield on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Also see this EA Help article for information on opening TCP or UDP ports: http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

I hope these tips help you.

If my advice has helped you, then do not forget to click XP.

Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 8 (4,840 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Can you please ping & UOTrace EASO then post your results,

To UOTrace - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-uo-trace/

To Ping EA follow these steps,

1)Press Win+R, in the box type CMD and hit enter
2)Type into CMD 'ping easo.ea.com'
3)Hit enter and await results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 3 of 8 (4,837 Views)

★★★ Novice

I guess you forgot to read the part that says "

IF YOU LINK ME THE PORT FORWARDING YOU ARE MENTALLY SLOW, a link won't fix what's already opened."

My ports are open, every other game runs online.

Message 4 of 8 (4,815 Views)

★★★ Novice

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Windows\system32> ping easo.ea.com

Pinging easo.ea.com [*****************] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=255ms TTL=108
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=252ms TTL=108
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=253ms TTL=108
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=257ms TTL=108

Ping statistics for ******************:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 252ms, Maximum = 257ms, Average = 254ms
PS C:\Windows\system32> ping easo.ea.com

I already did the above it's fine.

Message 5 of 8 (4,814 Views)

Hero (Retired)

To try and help you read this if not done or recheck all steps are done..

http://help.ea.com/in/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

If this fails to help then give this a try as it sure cant hurt...

Run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Check your firewall to be sure it is open to the game and not blocking it.
Below are programs known to make issues in BF4

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gigs ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service , Fraps, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, RivaTuner , ASRock eXtreme Tuner, Steam, Skype, aero ,Overwolf extra program in teamspeak and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

Another thing to try is re- install origin only not your game just origin.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin You should not be prompted to update.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Message 6 of 8 (4,965 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you pal, so after doing all the other complicated fixes "C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4" deleting that folder is the one that fixed the game.

Message 7 of 8 (4,796 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You are most welcome and thank you very much for the XP and solution on my post as it will help others down the road. :womanhappy:

Message 8 of 8 (4,791 Views)