Re: Major lag when aiming (mouse) while moving player (WASD)

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Major lag when aiming (mouse) while moving player (WASD)

Happy Saturday, all!

I recently installed Battlefield 4 via Steam on my Razer Blade 15 (Base) laptop (i7-10750H, RTX 2060, 16 GB DDR4). Upon starting the game, the default video settings were set to medium, and it looked really great. But when I got player and control and started moving, I noticed a strange issue.

When I'm just moving my player with WASD, it's smooth and clear. When I'm just moving my crosshair with the mouse, it's also all good. But when moving both the player (WASD) and the crosshair (mouse), it gets very laggy, almost as if I'm playing online with 500 ping.

Is this a known issue? If not, perhaps I should take a video recording!

I hope I could get some help in fixing this. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @ecc89ec50cfe1e3b5849d4ef719b6f8f Can you try the below steps and let us know if this continues?

• Verify the game in your Steam library
  • Disable any application overlays you have
  • Verify any security software you have isn't interfering with Steam or BF4
  • Check for Device and Graphics updates

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ecc89ec50cfe1e3b5849d4ef719b6f8f Can you try the below steps and let us know if this continues?

• Verify the game in your Steam library
  • Disable any application overlays you have
  • Verify any security software you have isn't interfering with Steam or BF4
  • Check for Device and Graphics updates

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)