MPX in BF4 Pretty Much Unobtainable

by nightcloud97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MPX in BF4 Pretty Much Unobtainable

★★★ Novice

I don't expect the devs to care, but the MPX in BF4 is locked behind Chainlink, which is pretty much unplayable, because people only play Conquest or TDM these days... 

Message 1 of 12 (5,374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MPX in BF4 Pretty Much Unobtainable

Community Manager

@nightcloud97 

We're not aware of any plans to add more content to BF4 as the team has shifted focus on newer titles like BF1 and BFV. They've hosted events/challenges to drive players into BF4 in the past to unlock items for the latest titles. We'll pass along your feedback to the team how the MPX is tough to get now so maybe they can consider that as a future challenge for the Battlefield community. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (5,116 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Unfortunately you are right, as BF4 does no longer attract the high numbers of gamers it once did.   So also rarely now these days you see a busy chain link game going on.    Same situation with many other assignments in the game now, as not all maps or game modes are equally popular anymore.   Not much to do really, except if you are dedicated you rent a server and set it up for what you need and ask all your friends to join in!   😀

Message 2 of 12 (5,302 Views)

That is the risk of beginning to play a game after it's end of life. Three new Battlefield games have been released since BF4 ended so the DLC modes tend to have few if any players.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 12 (5,233 Views)

★★ Novice

I really enjoy chainlink, when there's an operational server that is, I'm in the same boat man, bought the game very late in its life, spent 6 months autisticly playing it, now I'm up the pervebile river as no one wants to play other game modes, dispit then being really good fun. I did think about renting a server, but I've been having so so many problems with gameplay atm that I just don't have the love anymore to bother unfortunately. I say that, but I'm online nigh on every single night, hoping and praying (figuratively) for some beautiful person to have a long term chainlink server open..... One can dream can't he? 

Message 4 of 12 (5,218 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @nightcloud97 ,

Even when chainlink servers were running 24/7, it was pretty near impossible to unlock that MPX as you have really very very limited control of the remaining tickets going out.  I don't recall how many matches that I had to be in before the result granted me that weapon.

Indeed very nice PDW, but then again, you have many others available already, so its not really the end of the world.

Be happy also without the MPX - Still loads of fun and enjoy the game !   ;o)

Message 5 of 12 (5,148 Views)

★★★ Novice

Doesn't matter if there are others available. If it's in the game and I bought the DLC, I at least deserve the opportunity to unlock it.

Message 6 of 12 (5,141 Views)

★★★ Novice

^Reasons they should have had a bot mode

Message 7 of 12 (5,140 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@nightcloud97  the price to pay when you bought a very old and steeply discounted product.

Face reality and man up.   Life goes on, even without the MPX.

Message 8 of 12 (5,122 Views)

Community Manager

@nightcloud97 

We're not aware of any plans to add more content to BF4 as the team has shifted focus on newer titles like BF1 and BFV. They've hosted events/challenges to drive players into BF4 in the past to unlock items for the latest titles. We'll pass along your feedback to the team how the MPX is tough to get now so maybe they can consider that as a future challenge for the Battlefield community. 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 12 (5,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still think a bot mode should have been added.

Message 10 of 12 (5,097 Views)