Re: Low ping, high latency/ rubberbanding in battlefield 4

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Low ping, high latency/ rubberbanding in battlefield 4

★★ Novice

Since a few days I have been experiencing HEAVY rubberbanding and my ping spikes up to 999.
It's not a connectivity issue but clearly Netcode-based, because my hits aren't registering properly often and getting killed behind walls again and stuff.

I am sick and tired of this bullsh*t. We are living in 2015 and we should not be experiencing this anymore.
DICE has done a VERY poor job. I have been searching the internet and more and more people are experiencing this issue since the last patch.

DICE/EA FIX IT ASAP. I didn't spend alot of money for a game that can't be played properly.
I got a 100MBps connection, my internet is functioning just fine, I checked speedtest.net and everything works as it should work.

This is an issue with BF4 and not my router/connection.

Message 1 of 3 (3,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @VindSvept

Ah, a good rubber banding / ping thread Standard smile A problem which can have a thousand solutions.

The "netcode" hasn't changed since the last update. So if it worked a few days ago but don't now it's hardly the netcodes fault.

So, what we have is most likely a problem with one or more but not the netcode. I can think of the following:

• The EA back-end
  • Network between your ISP and EA
  • The server hosts back-end
  • Between your ISP and the server host
  • Your ISP's network
  • Your hardware
  • Your software

That Speedtest is working only means that the type of traffic they use works between you and the server Speedtest is testing to - other types of traffic and traffic to other locations might still be broken.

A better way to test might be to run a UOTrace:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/

Also, you might want to add some details like:

Network Connection Issues

• Description of your network setup in great detail (routers, switches etc.)
  • What kind of internet do you have? ISP?
  • What servers do you have this problem on?
  • What time of day is this an issue?
  • Do you share the connection or download while playing?
  • Results of a http://www.speedtest.net test
  • Link to a screenshot of the results of a UOTrace: help.ea.com/en/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/
  • What platform are you playing on?
    If on PC, can you record a video of the problem happening with the command "NetworkPerfOverlay.DrawGraph true" running?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (3,153 Views)

OP that happened to me a couple of days ago after the Origin update. Doing a few things solved the problem for me,

1. I disabled Origin in game. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

2.  After BF4 launches I hit ctrl+alt+delete and then I killed origin.exe, don't worry this will not close BF4 even if you receive a warning from Origin

3. I closed my browser too.

After I did these three things my performance graph and FPS numbers were normal in BF4 and I had no more lagging or FPS drops.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (3,149 Views)