Lost connection to session bf4 ps4 cant join any online matches

by winghoof89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost connection to session bf4 ps4 cant join any online matches

★ Novice

Lost connection to session message when trying to join a server on ps4. I used to have no issue, I can't Play at all now. I know the games old but I payed good money for it and have countless hours in it. I'm not tech savvy, what can I do? Thanks in advance for anyone who will help me.

Message 1 of 7 (1,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost connection to session bf4 ps4 cant join any online matches

Community Manager

Hi there, @winghoof89 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem/router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem/router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,661 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @winghoof89 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem/router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem/router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. This doesn’t work. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,531 Views)

Community Manager

@winghoof89 

Thanks for trying. Next, see if rebuilding your database and restoring your licenses will help. Let me know how it goes.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,526 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the help. I have two questions though, i have a ps5 that I'm about to be setting up should I just wait and try the game on there? Also I have an external hard drive hooked up to the ps4, if I try it on the ps4 do I need to move all my stuff over there first? I just don't want to lose any of my weapons, attachments, rank and achievements. Thanks again

Message 5 of 7 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Novice

On PS4, go to (Settings)>[Account Management]>[Restore Licenses].  Once your Licenses are restored, restart your PS4 Console.

This worked for me.  Hope it helps others.

Two

Message 6 of 7 (1,281 Views)

★ Novice
@TwoStrike023 Will doing this mess with any saved content I have? I don't want to lose anything
Message 7 of 7 (1,270 Views)