Losing Connection with Session in BF4 on PS3

by skattrak9

Original Post

Re: Losing Connection with Session in BF4 on PS3

★★★★★ Newbie

well I think I will just do what I did on BF3 when they had bugs but would not fix them for six months. I quit playing it for 2 years then finally came back like 1 month before BF4 lol BF3 works great now. so if we wait 2 more years the game will be fixed ( maybe ) lol

Message 31 of 46 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Do we all in here that are having this problem have no active UPnP on our network setup turned on?

Message 32 of 46 (1,278 Views)

★ Novice
Same problem. So much for one more day of double xp. Would be nice if someone would respond to these issues as well.
Message 33 of 46 (1,259 Views)

★★ Novice

i really think this is the problem. upnp and port forwarding. im downloading at 54% right now it will "only" take 5 more years till the download of bf4 is finished on my ps3..... i hope that the ps4 has better ethernet chipsets than the ps3. i have a 100.000 kb/s line and it downloads like 200 kb/s .....

Message 34 of 46 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just downloaded the new patch n its still doin the same thing. Lost connection to server
Message 35 of 46 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

try going into your network settings on Playstation 3 and setting up network manually  choose easy then change uPnP to enabled then just use the O button after you get the saved do not try and test the connection as it will just set the uPnP back to inactive.

Message 36 of 46 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have found turning UPnP OFF to be the best fix for this.  It caused me nothing but headaches, and since I know what I'm doing with my router I don't worry about easy setup. 

Message 37 of 46 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

well after that last Patch at 1:30pm Pst 12/05/2013 it seems to have worked for PS3 at least for now :D ( knock knock knock ) ( on wood )

Message 38 of 46 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have deleted all files changed multiple setting with EA tech support and still not working
Message 39 of 46 (1,084 Views)

★★ Novice

HEY GUYS I FINALLY FIXED IT.OK... EA GERMANY HELPED ME WITH THIS :D !!!!

ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS OPEN UP YOUR PORTS AND NO YOU WONT BE HACKED. SOME PEOPLE MAY KNOW THIS NAT TYPE, UPNP AND PORT PROBLEM FROM CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2.

HERE'S WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IT WORKS 100% IM FRICKIN HAPPY RIGHT NOW :D

1. Open up your router settings by typing in your PS3's IP in your browser bar. (You can find the ip of your PS3 by going to your system settings and click on system information)

2. No matter which router you got, there needs to be something like "Port Forwarding" or "Port Opening".

3. Type in the IP of you PS3 and these settings:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

Type in exactly these ports. For example when you have to open 10000-10100, type in in just like that with the " - "

4. Name your settings (For example "BF4")

5. Check if your UPNP is activated in the router settings (Just search for it you will find a box you can check/uncheck, make sure enable UPNP is checked)

6. Save all your settings!!!

BELIEVE ME OR NOT IT WORKS!

IF YOU ARE SCARED ABOUT A HACK, DELETE YOURE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION SETTINGS. THATS ALL A HACKER COULD USE

ENJOY THE GAME AGAIN

now lets just hope they fixed this **bleep**in freezes today !!!!! :D

Message 40 of 46 (1,062 Views)