Logitech Extreme Pro 3D

by raorbit1

Original Post

Logitech Extreme Pro 3D

★ Novice

Battlefield not recognizing joystick. The joystick buttons only work because i bind it to a keyboard key. I know some  people whave gotten this to work with BF4 so any help would be appreciated. Windows recognizes the joystick, BF4 doesn't

Message 20 of 35 (6,686 Views)

Joystick setup for helicopters

★★★ Newbie

Using a Logitech Extreme 3D PRO with newest available drivers.  Joystick would calibrate properly within Logitech software, but noticed the following issues when trying to set keybindings in BF4 Beta:

1) kept identifying forward and back y axis as rotation

2) kept identifying left x axis as rotation

3) would identify right x axis properly and would even change left x axis from rotation to x axis when doing so.

4) Identified throttle control in keybindings, but used it as "fire" in-game

5) Helicopter was simply unflyable because keybindings did not properly identify joystick operation

With a joystick collumn in the keybinding settings, will there be a list of known compatible joysticks?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 35 (6,793 Views)

Joystick Problem in Jets/Helis

★★★ Novice

I've been having a bit of bother with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, wondering if anyone might have a clue why. 

Basically when I move the lever at the bottom from the throttle up position to the throttle down position my controls lock up and it buggers everything up. In BF3 I'd be flicking it up and down whilst turning in jets to maintain a tight turning circle, now if I flick it down the plane stops turning until I put the throttle back up. Same thing with helis when I'm trying to descend, you suddenly get stuck in whatever position you were in and can't readjust your position until you throttle up so unless you're quick can easily just fall out of the sky because of it. 

These controls worked fine in BF3. I figured it was just a beta issue but I gave it a quick test just now and I'm still having the problem. Funnily enough I have noticed that if I'm in third person view it works just fine. Unfortunately when you're trying to eye up a shot on an enemy jet third person doesn't really do it for me.

I've buggered about with all my key bindings but I don't have a clue what the problem is. Anyone got any ideas?

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, I saw this thread and I tried adding a few "ConceptZoom.3.button 9999" entries into the file to see if that would help and it didn't make a difference... 

Message 2 of 35 (6,769 Views)

Issues With Joystick, URGENT

★★ Novice

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, one of the most common joysticks in the world.  When buttons, triggers or throttle get mapped in BF4, the labeling is all screwed up.  For example, I believe up and down throttle gets labeled "trigger 1" and "trigger 2".  Button number 11 on the joystick gets labeled "button 7".  Button 3 gets labeled "pad left".  This is pretty stupid, but I can live with it.  At least the buttons, etc. can be mapped.

But there is a definite "hard coding" mistake with button 11 (labeled 7 in game).  Although you can map it to whatever you want, it doesn't work.  Instead this button always brings up a menu page that has "battlelog" in the upper left corner.  You can even unmap this button in game for all tabs, and it will still bring up this menu page.

I've found at least one other hard coding mistake.  When you've died and you're on the page to choose your class, the throttle will cycle through all the classes lightning fast either forward or reverse depending on the throttle position.  It can be very hard to find the exact middle of the throttle position to get the cycling to stop.

Please take a look at the mapping for this joystick.  It really is a very common joystick.  In fact it's the only one that Logitech is even selling.

Message 3 of 35 (6,996 Views)

Re: Issues With Joystick, URGENT

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with my cyborg joystick - i have tried everything, defaulting then resetting also unbinding all the joystick keys everywhere and it still pulls up that stupid menu. very frustruated as i love to pilot the helicopter but cannot because everytime i push the button which i 100% need, it pulls up the menu

Message 4 of 35 (6,973 Views)

★★ Novice

same here with Thrustmaster.

Trigger 1 and trigger 2 for throttle.

Worst thing is that if I put the throttle all the way down (trigger 1), the jet won't respond to any command, only the rudder works (pointing the nose left or right).

This prevent me to use the joystic, the game is unplayable with it. Please fix

Message 5 of 35 (6,968 Views)

Re: Joystick Problem in Jets/Helis

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue and I also noticed something else. I have my POV switch set up for freelook and with my throttle in a forward position (meaning I can actually fly) freelook doesn't work. However when I move my throttle back I can no longer manipulate the aircraft but my POV switch starts working.

Message 6 of 35 (6,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey guys i think i found a fix, or at least it solved my issue with bringing up that battlelog menu etc. in game that is hardcoded.

1.) go to the test range and jump in your vehicle of choice to test it out.

2.) the fix was when in game go to the options menu and navigate to the "Gameplay" tab

3.) go down to the "battlelog In-Game" setting and toggle this to hide , this will turn off bringing up the menu when the hardcoded button is pressed

4.) enjoy the game! let me know if this fixed the issue for you as well. good luck i hope this works for you as well!

Message 7 of 35 (6,937 Views)

Joystick Problems

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

So I bought the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for BF4, but I can't seem to connect it to the game, the bindings are all correct but it seems the game doesn't see the Joystick since I can't rebind with it but I have checked and it works in Flight Sim and other games. What could it be that is stopping me from using it?

Message 8 of 35 (6,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

dam 1and6, thank you!  Selecting the "hide" option for "battlelog in-game" corrected the hard coding issue I had with "button 7" on my joystick.  I can now bind that to something else and it actually works!  I hope people who experience joystick problems will continue to add to this thread however.  I still have the issue where my joystick throttle (labeled as trigger one and trigger two) will rapidly cycle forward or backward through the soldier classes everytime I die.  If the joystick throttle happens to be perfectly centered, I can choose my class with a mouse click without a problem.  But if it isn't centered, then I have to fiddle with the throttle before I can choose my class and respawn.

It's also still stupid that the labels for my joystick are simply wrong when binding keys.  My joystick has a throttle, a hatswitch, two triggers and 10 buttons.  The in game labels when I bind keys should reflect these exact designations.  There shouldn' t be a "pad left" and a "pad right".  The throttle should not be "trigger one" and trigger two".  I hope if enough people complain, that DICE might actually fix this.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 35 (6,926 Views)