Linking my XBOX Gamertag to my EA Account/Battlelog

by ClopFic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking my XBOX Gamertag to my EA Account/Battlelog

★★ Apprentice

I have been trying to link my Xbox LIVE Gamertag to my Origin account to get Battlelog on my Xbox since Battlefield 3 and now it won't work for Battlefield 4. I have contacted EA multiple times and they did not help me at all with my problem on any of the times I contacted them. I've checked the Email and my Gamertag email and it all checks out and even the edit profile won't let me just type it in. PLEASE someone help me.

Message 1 of 8 (72,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Linking my XBOX Gamertag to my EA Account/Battlelog

★★★★ Expert

Click for Guide  https://help.ea.com/article/forgot-my-origin-ea-account-or-if-its-linked

The following articles should help you to resolve this issue and give you tips for linking your Gamertag:

........................................................................................................

• I Forgot my Origin/EA Account or if it's Linked to a GamerTag/PSN ID! 

If you can't remember what your Origin/EA Account is, or if you're not sure whether you have one linked to a GamerTag or PSN ID, here's how to find out:

1. Go to profile.ea.comand select "Reset Password" (with link), then either
      • Enter an email address you may have used for your account OR
      • Select "Account Type" (XBL Gamertag or PSN ID)
    2. Enter your Gamertag or PSN ID, and submit.

Check the email address referenced on the next page for your account details. If you are still not able to determine what your Origin Account is, or if you have one linked to you Gamertag or PSN ID, then please contact us for help.

........................................................................................................

• Origin and Your Other Personas

You may be having trouble importing your XBox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network info if it is linked to an account other than your main EA account. To recover or make changes to your XBox Live Gamertag or PSN ID, be sure to contact a game advisor.

Directions for adding your PSN or Xbox Live ID to your EA Account can be found here.

Picture to help you understand better,  https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

Please check out all informations provided there and to let us know if the issue has been resolved by using the button "Solution". If not, please keep posting in this thread with additional information.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (72,269 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Click for Guide  https://help.ea.com/article/forgot-my-origin-ea-account-or-if-its-linked

The following articles should help you to resolve this issue and give you tips for linking your Gamertag:

• I Forgot my Origin/EA Account or if it's Linked to a GamerTag/PSN ID! 

If you can't remember what your Origin/EA Account is, or if you're not sure whether you have one linked to a GamerTag or PSN ID, here's how to find out:

1. Go to profile.ea.comand select "Reset Password" (with link), then either
      • Enter an email address you may have used for your account OR
      • Select "Account Type" (XBL Gamertag or PSN ID)
    2. Enter your Gamertag or PSN ID, and submit.

Check the email address referenced on the next page for your account details. If you are still not able to determine what your Origin Account is, or if you have one linked to you Gamertag or PSN ID, then please contact us for help.

• Origin and Your Other Personas

You may be having trouble importing your XBox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network info if it is linked to an account other than your main EA account. To recover or make changes to your XBox Live Gamertag or PSN ID, be sure to contact a game advisor.

Directions for adding your PSN or Xbox Live ID to your EA Account can be found here.

Picture to help you understand better,  https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

Please check out all informations provided there and to let us know if the issue has been resolved by using the button "Solution". If not, please keep posting in this thread with additional information.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 8 (72,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In the section for forgetting if your acount was linked to a gamertag or PSN ID you obviously didn't check it because there is no account type button anywhere in those steps.

Message 3 of 8 (60,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA has literally the absolute worst customer support. I've been trying for years (not exagerating) For them to delete an account I made and remove the email on it. All they do is link me a link to the FAQ or the help area of the site or just copy and paste that stuff onto a forum to reply to me. Calling doesn't work because no one seems to know how to delete accounts and sometimes EA wont even come back when they have me on hold. I've been playing Battlefield since Battlefield Heros and each time I ask for help EA fails now I own BF 1 BF 3 BF 4 BF Hardline and I can't even get any of them linked to my EA Account. EA doesn't even recognize that I have EA Access. Seriously I'm beyond annoyed about this.

Message 4 of 8 (30,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am at the same cross road..however. When I created my EA account I didn't ever use it. I used another email to play on my Xbox apparently.. Why can't they simply make a gamertag link and allow it to update what ur current stats are and add an email or delete an email IF YOU want to. Im an avid Battlefield player infact its the only game I play and I can look at my stats anymore because it will not allow me to on the app. did u ever get a resolution?

Message 5 of 8 (23,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im of course having the same problem but i have my psn linked some how so if i find out how to do it again i will share it here

Message 6 of 8 (15,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

[Removed by CM]

Message 7 of 8 (15,154 Views)

Community Manager

This post is originally from 2013 and steps on how to create EA accounts or link Gamertags/PSN ID's to accounts could be subject to change. Our most updated help article on this process can be found below.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag

I'll be locking this post. If you have trouble linking your Gamertag or PSN ID to your EA account please create a new post if you're unable to find a solution by searching for it. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag

Our Live-Support team can always help walk you through this process and/or help recover an account for you if necessary.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (15,032 Views)