Launching Battlelog Installer

by dsadadadadsa

Original Post

Launching Battlelog Installer

★★★★★ Novice

The battlelog installer for the Chrome plugin currently fails to launch, and it fails silently to boot. Window pops up for a second, then just closes.

I can launch the game via IE, but obviously when I don't really use IE for anything else and it isn't my default browser it's annoying to say the least.

Also, why exactly is the primary launcher for this game web based? It's a ridiculous idea. Having the capacity to launch from the site: cool. Making it the primary (or, more accurately, the sole) method of playing the game? Slightly dumb.

I'm running Windows 8.1, I do not have an anti-virus (some people apparently had to disable their anti-virus software to install this add-on, always a good sign) and have tried running in compatibility mode.

It doesn't generate any kind of error or log, and flashes up and down so quickly it isn't really possibly to read the output.

Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: Launching Battlelog Installer

Community Manager (retired)

Hi dsadadadadsa,

Please try removing and reinstalling the Battlelog Plugin via the steps here, to see if this allows you to open the game with Chrome again.

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: Launching Battlelog Installer

★★★ Apprentice

Well, it kind of works in Chrome now.

Except the servers don't load under the recommended servers part, and I can't ping any of the servers or use the filter function (screenshot here). So it is essentially useless :D

What is the benefit of not having a real game menu again? Can still launch games and see the number of players, so I can use it to play on servers in my favorites list. Still not particularly impressed with battlelog being non-optional and semi-functional though.

Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)