Known Battlefield 4 Issues and Next Steps (Updated: Mar 25)

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: Known Battlefield 4 Issues and Next Steps

★★ Novice

I had a similar issue on Xbox 360 doing the Campaign Shanghai mission. Al lthe updates and patches have been installed too.

Fout times this has happened. As soon as I get into a tank or shortly after I start to drive the tank, solid lockup of the Console.

The first time it happened, it corrupted my saved game so I had to start Campaign over from scratch.

The second , third and fourth times this happened, restarting the console worked and it progressed fine afterwards using my exisitng game.

The ony time it never happened is if I did not die during the beach invasion leading up to getting itno the tanks. It could be a coincidence, but that's the only time it hasn't happened.

Other weird ones issues are that you shoudl NEVER bump into Campaing AI players when they are on a ladder. The scene where Agent Koziac dies, you press the "X" button with Irsih and then start climbing up the ladder is especially grevious. I rushed up the ladder, bumped into Irish and suddenly I'm flying accross the sky and crash into the ship's deck to die. This has happened on multiple occasions and I'm nearly to the point where I may capture it and post it as a game fail to Achievment Hunters.

Message 21 of 1,541 (5,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

**bleep**in bull**bleep** when everyone is stuttering all over the place and the game and servers crashing.

Message 22 of 1,541 (5,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
i have the game freezes on me about 30 to 45 mins in and sound loop..cant bring up task manager or anything have to reset computer..any fixes fpr this?
all driver are up to date/ tried reintalling bf4/punkbuster/drivers nothing works

780 classy
i7 4770k
16gb ram
windows 8.1

ps this all started today only had this happen twice earlier this week..happened bout 10 to 15 times today
Message 23 of 1,541 (5,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi 

I am playing BF4 on Xbox360. I have also 2xp this week end. 
I have just experienced some issues probably already known: 

-Solo savegame corrupted: I was loading a mulyiplayer game then the console crashed at the loading server screen (the black one) then restarted the console then loading bf4 then corrupted savegame message then choosen no 
-Just after the above issue; all my medals dog tags and other that i have already unlock appears with the orange corner as brand new.And the stolens dog tags are gone 
-2xp issue: i have encountered 4 multiplayer matches with no 2xp. But most of the time it is ok 
-No more orange notification on classes during the screen where you can deploy after unlocking items during a match: I have to go to the customize menu to see those orange notifications 
-No texture for some seconds after respawning. Sometimes also graphix are streamed blurry despite the fact that the full game is installed on the hard drive of the xbox with 20 gigs left after that (full game install= 2 CDs+the mandatory pack) 
-Just dialog sound no ambient on the solo mission where you are on a boat and have to go back to the valkyrie 

On all of thes issues the most important for me is the 2xp as i have bought that special edition of BF4 and i have booked a week end to enjoy it instead of working 

Anyway hopes it will help and thanks

Message 24 of 1,541 (5,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I play on 360 and cannot get any of my single player progress to save...I get about half way through in one sitting and then my Xbox will freeze and I have to start over...even if I quit to main menu it still doesn't save...while I am playing it doesn't even register on battle log....
Message 25 of 1,541 (5,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EDIT:  Just noticed the seperate sticky there.

Message 26 of 1,541 (5,082 Views)

★ Novice

Xbox 360 Missing Single Player file in game

The file is still intact on my HDD (not corrupted) and my progression shows in Battlelog but I only have the option to start a new game when i try to load it.

Message 27 of 1,541 (5,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you realy think this is heplping us? How pathedic is this roolout. I think it is even worth then the obamacare webapge. at least they are trying to solve the issue befoire they get my money. But here we just pay the money and get **bleep**.

Yes, this is a strong word, but it explaines exactly what the user feel. **bleep**.

How can I ge my money back for a game that doesn't work. I'm willing to come back when it works, but right now, I got **bleep** in my hand, for a whole lot of money I paid.

Message 28 of 1,541 (5,057 Views)

★★ Novice

You didnt mention the Memory leak! this is stupid every game i have to restart as my 16GB RAM crashes to a halt! FIX IT OR REFUND MY MONEY, specs are in the memory leak thread that EA has chosen to overlook.

Message 29 of 1,541 (5,037 Views)

★★ Novice

a very good next step could be hire some people from VALVE or at least ask for some advice

Message 30 of 1,541 (5,025 Views)