Knife and counter knife issues/

by shadowpatriot69

Original Post

Knife and counter knife issues/

★★ Newbie

When ever i attempt to knife someone from the side it cut scenes to a frontal knife attack and gets me killed by a counter.

When ever I try to counter and correctly hit the counter button i still get killed and i have no clue why.i can knife from the back perfectly fine but it's the side and frontal knife attacks that get me, i don't see why everyone can counter but me.

Message 1 of 5 (438 Views)

Re: Knife and counter knife issues/

★★ Novice

I'm not going to buy 2042 if they don't take out the counter knifing they recked the game for me also I had the same problem.

Message 2 of 5 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@shadowpatriot69 wrote:

When ever i attempt to knife someone from the side it cut scenes to a frontal knife attack and gets me killed by a counter.

When ever I try to counter and correctly hit the counter button i still get killed and i have no clue why.i can knife from the back perfectly fine but it's the side and frontal knife attacks that get me, i don't see why everyone can counter but me.

Knife attacks from both sides and the front can all be counter knifed by the enemy, if they are quick and engage at the right timing.

It is only knife attacks clean from the back that cannot be countered...

I think the 'animation' only has either full back or full front type of scenery, which is probably what you then observe yourself as it appears to jump from initiated side knife attack to be the full front attack.  Aka, the enemy actually turns to counter you. 

If you do not like to be countered, well then only start knife attacks when cleanly from the back.

Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@shadowpatriot69 if the person knifing you comes from the front then you can counter
Message 4 of 5 (345 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (320 Views)