Kept loosing connection to EA while entering the main menu

by Jinnlatofur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kept loosing connection to EA while entering the main menu

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having problems with bf4 on PS3 and every time I try to go to the main menu I keep loosing connection to EA multiple times. WiFi is good. I did everything solution but can't seem to find out why but I can still play bf4 offline.

Message 1 of 20 (1,452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kept loosing connection to EA while entering the main menu

Community Manager

@Jinnlatofur 

Thanks for trying those steps. Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 20 (1,355 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Jinnlatofur.

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 20 (1,409 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I mean like as you get to the main menu but you can't because it keeps saying you lost connection to EA servers and it get stuck. I already tried that solution.
Message 3 of 20 (1,386 Views)

Community Manager

@Jinnlatofur 

Thanks for trying those steps. Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 20 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,
just wanted to mention, also the PS4 has this issue.
Sometimes coming back to the main menue it freezes (blue screen with trouble-shooting) or it disconnects to the EA server (PSN still on).

A friend of mine (also PS4) has the same issues.

Cheers!

Carsten

PS: WiFi AND wired!!

Message 5 of 20 (1,306 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @cajobe71.

You should always be on a wired connection if possible. It's far more stable than wireless. What troubleshooting have you performed so far?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 20 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Aljo , normally I'm on wired (if I'm in my mans-cave ;-) ), round about 40 download, 3 upload, ping 5ms

My troubleshooting is very easy .... PSN stable (no problems on PSN ... wired connection to my router stable (tested) ... router to my provider stable (tested with PC).

As mentioned ... when going out of a game-server to the main-menue, sometimes the game crashes on PS4. Shown by the Sony blue troubleshooting page - I'm always sending an error-report with picture/video as it is recommended by Sony/EA? ... I don't know to whom it is send.

Frequency per session...

error screen going out of a game: 3/10

error screen being in game: 1/10

not able to connect to EA after leaving game-server: 2/10 (reconnecting to EA not possible - restart of app needed)

I'm in Germany - a friend of mine (USA west) has the same issues ... I don't know how often, but we are laughing about - comparing it with BF-V :-p

thx for your previous reply, have a great day!

Carsten

Message 7 of 20 (1,233 Views)

Community Manager

@cajobe71 

Is this only happening when a match ends and you try to go back to the main menu?

Something else to try is restoring the licenses with these steps. Also, try rebuilding the database with these instructions.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 20 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo yes, happened always at the scoreboard. (I stay normally till the end.... for good or bad)
Thanks for your recommendations, I'll have a look.
Message 9 of 20 (1,202 Views)

Community Manager

@cajobe71 

That sounds good. Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 20 (1,196 Views)