Re: Joystick control failures on bf4 on PC

by Spinkick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Joystick control failures on bf4 on PC

★★★ Novice

As I am a big fan of using a joystick for flying aircraft in BF games, I naturally set it up in BF4, however, I find that when I throttle down, whether it be in a chopper or in a jet, my left/right roll is disabled, this is remedied by switching to third person mode and then back to first person mode or by changing seats in the aircraft.  I don't why it is doing this, I never had this problem in BF3 as I am excellent in the attack chopper.  I had this issue during the beta and assumed it was a minor beta bug they were going to fix but it seems not to be the case.  I have Logitec 3D Pro, and have it configured in the keybindings as it is configured in BF3.  My friend also has the same joystick, however he does not have the same issue.  However, he uses the a key for throttle, while I use the little slider on the bottom for a throttle, which is what it is for. I am wondering if that is the problem but I don't know, I need help so I can fly without any more issues.

Message 1 of 39 (39,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it:

First close BF4 if it's still running. After that edit your BF4 configuration profile file (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\PROFSAVE_profile) with notepad or another editor.

Search for the text "ConceptZoom.3.button 14" (using ctrl+F) and replace it with "ConceptZoom.3.button 255" . You will find this text in 3 locations within this file; so replace all 3 occurrences. When done, save the file. Now you have unbinded the freelook key, so the issue is gone.

I hope this helps fixing your issue!

View in thread

Message 5 of 39 (40,249 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Same issue here.ive noticed that when you bind trigger 2,it thinks you have bound it elsewhere,when you have not
Message 2 of 39 (38,895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PS3 players having this issue too. Looks like its a "trigger 1" issue. EA, your play.

Message 3 of 39 (38,885 Views)

★ Novice

Bump - Plz fix this!!

Message 4 of 39 (38,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it:

First close BF4 if it's still running. After that edit your BF4 configuration profile file (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\PROFSAVE_profile) with notepad or another editor.

Search for the text "ConceptZoom.3.button 14" (using ctrl+F) and replace it with "ConceptZoom.3.button 255" . You will find this text in 3 locations within this file; so replace all 3 occurrences. When done, save the file. Now you have unbinded the freelook key, so the issue is gone.

I hope this helps fixing your issue!

Message 5 of 39 (40,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. It works when you are in chase camera, but as soon as you are in the cockpit the axis gets locked when holding the left trigger (trigger 1) on my Xbox 360 controller.

Very annoying..

EDIT: majorpnls solution worked for me! Try it out!

Message 6 of 39 (38,738 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you majorpnl!!

Message 7 of 39 (38,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks dude!! im soooo happy now Standard smile

Message 8 of 39 (38,258 Views)

★★ Novice

SOLVED! majorpnl, Thanks a bunch dude!!! I was pretty bummed out because of this bug, since I was quite the ace in BF3 using the XBOX360 controller.

Actually, I even started to get used to using mouse & keybord flight controls, albeit I'm no where near as graceful as I am with the controller. So, boy am I glad this works. Maverick is back baby!

Message 9 of 39 (38,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you Majorpnl, appriciate your help. 

Message 10 of 39 (37,657 Views)