Re: Issues with downloaded "China Rising" BF4 DLC with my preorder code

by JaysenOracle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues with downloaded "China Rising" BF4 DLC with my preorder code

★ Novice

I made the mistake of entering in my code shortly after I got the game. Nothing happened, so I figured I'd get the DLC once the DLC was released. I went in today (Dec. 4) and wanted to play the new DLC, and I can't find how to download it. It wants me to enter my preorder code, but when I did, it was invalid (as I've already entered it in). I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'll need an entirely new code. Please help.

Message 1 of 49 (12,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Boy are you guys going to love me. I pre-ordered Bf4 and had the same issue everyone else has had with downloading China Rising. It said my code had been redeemed yada yada. Like everything else with this release, they have not communicated info clearly.

1.Go to the playstation store

2.Go to BF4 page

3. Select add ons.

4. It will have China Rising (and yes it will say 14.99) and premium.

5. Select china rising.

6. On the next page will be a box that says click on version.

click on this box and choose the china rising that says free and enjoy the 1303 mb download

View in thread

Message 22 of 49 (2,627 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I did the same exact thing and I'm having the same problem. Extremely unhappy about it and the fact that I can not find an answer anywhere as to how to fix it. I already redeemed the code and in my Play Station Store it does not show that I downloaded anything, yet the code is not reusable... AHHHHH!!!!!

Message 2 of 49 (12,048 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Are You Premium Member in the first place ?

NOT premium member,you still have to wait until 17 DEC to download

We are aware that some Premium players, mostly on Playstation and PC, not having access to their Premium Expansion.Only PREMIUM member can download on the 3 DEC, non-Premium need to wait until 17 DEC 2013,even if you have the code,you cannot download on 3 dec unless you have Premium membership

If you are not able to access your China Rising expansion on Playstation 3 or Playstation 4please try following steps:

• Search for Battlefield 4
  • Select Add-Ons
  • If you premium access, China Rising should be available for download without any additional cost

If you are PC player:

• Log out of your Origin client
  • Close the Origin process with your Windows Taskmanager
  • Reboot your PC
  • Start Origin, login and check your BF4 game details page.

(Please keep in mind that you need to download the BF4 Expansion from the Origin game details page. You can find Expansions as well as additional content as icon on the bottom of the details page.)

If you still have this issue after following the steps above, you will need to get in contact with one of our Game Advisor for a further check of your entitlement. After a short verification process, you will need to provide following information:

• PNS Persona name
  • Origin E-Mail
  • Purchase date of Premium

We keep you updated as soon as we have additional information.

FOR PS, TRY THIS LINK FIRST https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/battlefield-4-china-rising/cid=EP00...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/IMPORTANT-Missing-China-Rising-expansion/m-p/1949953#U1949953 - eabastian

Hope this helps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & all . Click XP for my effort in helping! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I'm also a victim of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 3 of 49 (12,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well that's just STUPID we pay pretty much an extra 40$ for all this useless **bleep** that gives us rare stuff in gold packs that is the very definition of useless I mean WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT A BF4 PORTRAIT and now we cant even play the dlc we bought so we have to pay an extra 100$ for this shyt so for all the people whom are sick and tired of its freezing, 1 bullet kills with the 1st pistol you get, the bomb appearing 5oom in the air when its floating in water as well as all the other B.S BF4 has (in my eyes the way it is now its like a second BETA for p.s4) so ima sell this troll game and get the FAAAR superior BF3 or A.C 4 {I give BF4 a 3 outa 10 and I gave FFVII a 7 FYI}

Message 4 of 49 (11,944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I went back to the website where you're supposed to enter your code and it says that the pre-order offer is a Gold Battlepack. I think DICE pulled some slick **bleep** and switched their preorder offer from China Rising to a Gold Battlepack after they had made their money off of the preorder sales. Doesn't really matter to me because the current build of the game is garbage and I haven't played it in weeks.

Message 5 of 49 (10,949 Views)

★ Novice

we paid the money to have the pre ordered version of bf4. and since we did that i think we should be able to download it the same time as premium users considering it was a pre order bonus

Message 6 of 49 (10,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This teaches us NOT to ever and never pre order... In these time of crisis if a company doesn't value its customer I don't see why we should pay in advance for their product. When we pre order, the company has already made many sales of a not yet existing product, plus many times, as this release, the initial program suffers of few bugs. Well we are the forecomers of all of their initial problems. Sure, there should be a reward. Ok, the decided not to. No problem. Their games are all good. I think Bf4 is a superb playiable combined arms combat sim. Just, i will never pre order.
Message 7 of 49 (9,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Dice should make a update just like gta, that every one that had trouble with the game gets a bonus, a few ranks up or not only gadget 1 and 2 but 1,2,3 and 4... Just Some bonus because just like Gta 5...fix ur damn **bleep** Dice and Rockstar Games... Fix ur crap
Message 8 of 49 (8,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 9 of 49 (8,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is BS we Pay up Frount for a copy of the game....that has writen on the top of the case INCLUDES China Rising Expantion Pack!!! & now you lie & move It to a battle pack!!! BF3 gave you the first DLC with the preorder. EA&Dice you need to make this right! This is false advertisement!!!!!!!
Message 10 of 49 (6,995 Views)