Re: Unidentified game problem

by Marten2018

Original Post

★★ Novice

Just an FYI, this also happens when trying to launch games by right-clicking the Origin icon on your taskbar and launching from the "Recent" or "Pinned" games. Seems to be an issue with the client, likely not intentional. Work-around being just launch the game from Origin client directly and use the in-game server browser.

Message 51 of 85 (1,247 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes internet explorer

Message 52 of 85 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about bfh I still get the same error but I can't lunch the game through origin. Because bfh requairs battlelog acsses which will still tell me that the game unidentified

Message 53 of 85 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 
For Asia and the US players, I hope that you can remove the [join server] function from Battlelog.

Because you stupidly leak all the server IP address information, This is an act that should not happen, but this situation has lasted for more than 3 years.

You let racist people from China launch DDoS attacks, Let all Asia players and server owners lose money.

I hope that you can immediately change the purpose of the [join server] button, Make it a shortcut to the UI server page.

Do not launch the game in Battlelog, Also don't have any code that contains IP information.

Please re-establish a complete game-side UI server browsing function.

Only in this way can we solve the server attack problem in Asia and the United States.

Please don't evade my reply, I ask you to give us the answer!

Message 54 of 85 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This does not work. Even if they remove the server IP from battlelog, you will still get the IP of the server when connecting to it.... There is no way to hide the IP (except running the server behind a proxy, which is not possible for BF4 servers). If it is removed from Battlelog, people who want to harm a server will use network trace analyzers to determine the IP. The IP address is needed to connect to the server!

Message 55 of 85 (1,120 Views)

Re: [Issue/Main thread]Unidentified game problem

★ Apprentice

According to a chat with the origin support of few seconds ago , they are aware of the problem, and they are still working on it. Well'see ...

Message 56 of 85 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Criminals from China are just a group of stupid * who only use the [View Source Code] feature to search for IP addresses and fill in and press the attack button.

You don't need to overestimate the network skills of these guys, These guys are just idiots who have money and launch DDoS attacks.

The important point is that the [Join Server] button has leaked all information about the IP address range of the Asia server.

This should not have happened, Just like BF1 and BFV, not everyone knows the detailed IP address and range of the server, so there is no large-scale DDoS attack in Asia.

Similarly, if all [join the server] actions must be performed on the game side, Can also solve the US Queue-bot attack problem.

Because this is a web page trigger script attack, the Queue-bot tool does not actually register and use the Origin account, it is a completely fake connection record.

I have to say that the BF4 server is not free, If this problem is not solved, it will only cause a rather serious vicious circle.

Don't you think the current situation is like playing a Whac-A-Mole?

IP address and IP range is like a gopher cave.

The server with the full slot is like a hamster that comes out of the cave, Ability to launch DDoS attacks correctly and quickly.

Let the server owner only be able to purchase a server that is not working properly, constantly wasting money and reducing the number of servers.

Do you think this is a reasonable act?

https://imgur.com/tYzII47

This is the situation of the Asian server last Aug.

But currently there are only 20 64-slot servers left, How much money and players do you think Asia lost?

Message 57 of 85 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I cant join game, its say 

"EA Online is overloaded at the moment, please try again in a minute or two"
God damnit, its * 3 days, i cant play
EA wont fix anything, they want we buy and play BFV. They want our money
Message 58 of 85 (1,068 Views)

Community Manager

@00qualcuno00 wrote:

According to a chat with the origin support of few seconds ago , they are aware of the problem, and they are still working on it. Well'see ...

It's indeed being worked on and we plan to have it resolved soon. While this game is older than our newer Battlefield titles, let me reassure you that what is going on here is NOT some sort of plan to shut the doors on it.

This is considered a top priority for the teams involved. Thank you for sticking this out with us.

Blueberry.png
Message 59 of 85 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice
Pls fix "EA Online is overloaded at the moment, please try again in a minute or two"
I cant play, its 3 days
Message 60 of 85 (1,003 Views)