Is BF2042 launch going to be the end of BF4 for you?

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is BF2042 launch going to be the end of BF4 for you?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

After we yesterday saw the BF2042 Redacted gaming area with the fully user configurable Server Portal, we need to ask ourselves now:  Why staying with this bug-troubled 7+ year old game?  Granted, we did not yet get BF4 specific maps or soldier loadouts confirmed, but we got so much already of viable alternatives!  And no doubt that the Ripple Effect studio is going to launch even more contents from the greats of BF past chapters!  

And we can all play the BF2042 game on our current BF4 platform.  Or some will probably also take the leap up for some new gen consoles or further enhanced gaming PCs.  We have been closer and closer recent years to the end of the road for BF4.  No updates to the client side software now for 3+ years.  EA Support now just lame ducks with near no tools to fix ordinary issues.  A server park that is just scrambling along, with non stop problems of lost connections, high lag, crashes and servers in coma state where not even the rightful owner has any access.

Are you getting ready to migrate?

Message 1 of 20 (2,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is BF2042 launch going to be the end of BF4 for you?

★★★★★ Expert

@Sabrewulv wrote:

not for me like others I will probably wait to see what it's like, even if I do get it, BF4 will still get played

Hahaha @Sabrewulv , @sk1lld , @mrdoom500 ,

something just comes to my mind here now, when reading all of your careful and hesitant replies on being ready to migrate to BF2042 or not just yet...

Personally I probably somewhat naively went straight ahead, all-in, when the BF1 game came out.  But darn, that was a surprising disappointment to me.  So after having spent a few month on trying to convince myself of the impossible 'BF1 is a good game, BF1 is a good game...'  I had to come to terms with it, that it was not a good game for me...  And reverted back to BF4 and had a blast again!

Then came BFV and I thought that it would not be a disastrous repeat of BF1.  EA and all must have observed and learned from BF1, right?  Well obviously I had not, so I went ahead again and happily bought the game at launch.  And....   aargh, it just didnt feel right....  So after a few days I simply folded it away.  Highly disappointed.  And reverted back to BF4 and had a blast again!  :o)

So thinking about it.  In the BF4 community of still BF4 addicted players, we probably have a large population of gamers that went through the disappointments of BF1 and BFV.  Either both of them or just one of them.  And this time around, we want more certainty on the BF2042 being right for us, before we make the jump?

'Once bitten, twice Shy' I think you say in English...  Except here I even got bitten twice.  :o)

So are we BF4 ol'timers the hardest group to convince to spend our money and migrate to BF2042?

View in thread

Message 5 of 20 (1,953 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@CyberDyme well players of the bf4 community love the game for a reason and i will guess they might not migrate to a new game that might not run properly on their old pc specs mostly not all so i guess people will stay play this game till its servers shut down.
Message 2 of 20 (2,012 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CyberDyme After the last couple of releases, I will wait until I see that it is a solid title to play, before I purchase it.

To little info to really tell if it worth it.
Message 3 of 20 (2,006 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

not for me like others I will probably wait to see what it's like, even if I do get it, BF4 will still get played

Message 4 of 20 (1,969 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Sabrewulv wrote:

Hahaha @Sabrewulv , @sk1lld , @mrdoom500 ,

something just comes to my mind here now, when reading all of your careful and hesitant replies on being ready to migrate to BF2042 or not just yet...

Personally I probably somewhat naively went straight ahead, all-in, when the BF1 game came out.  But darn, that was a surprising disappointment to me.  So after having spent a few month on trying to convince myself of the impossible 'BF1 is a good game, BF1 is a good game...'  I had to come to terms with it, that it was not a good game for me...  And reverted back to BF4 and had a blast again!

Then came BFV and I thought that it would not be a disastrous repeat of BF1.  EA and all must have observed and learned from BF1, right?  Well obviously I had not, so I went ahead again and happily bought the game at launch.  And....   aargh, it just didnt feel right....  So after a few days I simply folded it away.  Highly disappointed.  And reverted back to BF4 and had a blast again!  :o)

So thinking about it.  In the BF4 community of still BF4 addicted players, we probably have a large population of gamers that went through the disappointments of BF1 and BFV.  Either both of them or just one of them.  And this time around, we want more certainty on the BF2042 being right for us, before we make the jump?

'Once bitten, twice Shy' I think you say in English...  Except here I even got bitten twice.  :o)

So are we BF4 ol'timers the hardest group to convince to spend our money and migrate to BF2042?

Message 5 of 20 (1,954 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CyberDyme I still play BFBC2 even after I got BF4 I bought BF1 just to play it with my mates, I got BFV gave up on it pretty quickly, I guess it's why I'm not rushing out to get 2042

Message 6 of 20 (1,940 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For me : 

BF1 (what little I've played at least) is 'Farmboy goes off to fight in foreign lands to die an often meaningless death in the mud'

BFV is 'Friends get drafted and go off to war together but then get separated in the maze of confusion'

BF4 is 'To think I actually volunteered to come and fight this often faceless ruthless Enemy'

2042 is (prediction) 'Loving these sometimes meaningless deaths from unseen Enemies in this confusing new land' 

In having played the (enjoyed) hunk of Play4Free and the (un-enjoyed) teeny bit of Heroes as well , I find that there's this truth :

They ALL seem to have their own unique character and 'flavour' .

So , If I like the general nature of something or prefer certain tastes ,  AND I know where to find it :

I'll never leave Heart 

Message 7 of 20 (1,935 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

brilliantly put @tempo_rarity 

Message 8 of 20 (1,927 Views)

★ Guide

For me Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V had not been in the right style to take me away from bf4, but battlefield 2042 may be going in the right direction, i doubt it would stop me frequenting bf4 though

Message 9 of 20 (1,908 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I guess I could have come off a little better in my reply.

I played bf4 the most hours of any of the Battlefield games BF3 the second and liked BFBC2. I only have about 6 hours in BF1 and maybe 12 hours in BFV. I really wasn't into world war one in BF1and BFV has a bad script kiddy problem, I waited until BFV was $15.00 dollars before I purchased it.

They weren't really bad games they just didn't keep my interest.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Message 10 of 20 (1,897 Views)