[Info Request] Sound issues after latest 30 Jan patch

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Sound issues after latest 30 Jan patch

★★★ Newbie

I'd been experiencing the same issue for weeks now. I had a quick try at fixing the issue than gave up. This morning I decided to give it another go.

FYI I have a Asus G75 laptop with external USB speakers.

I ran BF4 in Campaign Mode (no sound), I ALT+TAB'd out making sure that my speakers were set to default. I re-entered the game and noticed I had sound for a split second.

So I ALT+TAB'd out and noticed that the game was changing my default audio device. I disabled the second device and re-entered the game.

I now had sound, so I ran multiplayer mode and I now have sound.

I hope that this make sense.

Message 391 of 397 (672 Views)

★★ Novice

No sound in Multiplayer team DM games at all!! What is EA doing to solve this issue? 40 pages and no solution ? 

Playing without sound is like swinning pool with no water....

Message 392 of 397 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

xbox 360

every time i join a game and when i spawn for the first time i have no audio of anyhting around me.

if i shoot i will hear my shot. but then still nothing else. it takes about a full minute before i hear all the other audios in games.

ex: join game, spawn in helichopter, take off with no sound at all. fyling around map and will see the Lock-On warnning with no sound, and then about that time audio will have been restored. (just in time to be shoot down)

same effect in every vehical, regular foot-spawning, every map(China rising + BF4 maps), every gamemode, every class

Message 393 of 397 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I'm on the PS4 and ever since the update my sound levels are very erratic. The volume goes up and down in either earphone. For example, i start the game and the volume is evenly distributed in both L & R earphones. Get in a tank or another vehicle and the engine noise is much louder in the right ear than the left meaning i have to crank the vol up in the left ear to make it balanced. I have to constantly change the balance of the headphones throughout the whole game. Very annoying. Its not my settings as they have never changed and has only been happening since the update. Please fix!!!

Maybe i'm going mad but i could of swore the vehicles are slower to accelerate especially the Lav. As another side note and to avoid writing a separate post, why have a squad when you can only spawn on one player in that squad? It only allow me to spawn on one player the whole game. Very gash!
Message 394 of 397 (541 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Cant say how sound was before the Jan patch since I started only a few weeks ago.

For my problem in game I cant hear footsteps at all also sometimes when first starting the round I get no sounds at all but they slowly come in.  

Message 395 of 397 (503 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, i can hear the sounds fine with no headphones plugged in but when i plug them in, the sound cuts out. however sometimes the sound works through my headphones but i would like to get this fixed

Message 396 of 397 (490 Views)

★ Novice

cpu 7700

gpu 1070

sound blaster z

16gb ram

Using VIOP I can communicate, but i cant hear others.

Message 397 of 397 (353 Views)