[INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  1. Deploying , and a few times in the middle of the match
  2. most were after selecting a kit then deploying and FREEZE.  A few times were well into a match.
  3. Slim
  4. Most times Support
  5. PS3 seemed to get real hot, I did cool it off by the window after it froze several times (after deploying). It worked for a while then froze again. I put on around 10 hours ( not in a row) before it started Freezing. It didnt start right away. 

* Update. Did the Game Data Clear, Started a new game, it installed the update or whatever. Then Started a game. I started as Engineer and was fine. Later on in the Match I picked Support and it froze upon Deploying. 

* Update.  I picked Support, and didnt pick Indirect and it worked fine 

Message 21 of 1,551 (3,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
1. Just finished a match. Looking at debrief.
2. loading screen for new map.
3. xbox 360 slim
4. unable to select class as it was the loading screen.
5. it was loading for hainan resort on rush. it has happened twice for the same map on the first loading in a rush attsck/defend rotation
Message 22 of 1,551 (3,530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

1. I was playing floodzone with an assault class, scar-h.

2. I was shooting someone then my screen froze and my controller kept vibrating.

3. xbox 360 first gen slim

4. Assault class, scar-h

5. Its not just me, my friends will crash and disappear right in front of me. Also for me I have installed the multilayer disc to my hard drive and no problems since. However my friend with and xbox 360 elite, and the same slim I have both crash and they too installed to the hard drive. Also occasionally in a game the fps will dramatically drop for several players in a game all at once. Also gun ironsights specifically for the scar-h as well as other guns take up to 20 seconds to render, in the mean time it is just black.

Message 23 of 1,551 (3,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just join server, in the middle of the match
  2. I Was playing the campaign and i beat a mission so it was loading the next cinematic and it just kept loading and loading and eventually it froze.
  3. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
  4. IT froze in the campaign.
  5. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
  6. PS3
  7. What class were you playing at the time the game froze
  8. campaign
  9. Do you have any additional information for us?
  10. Yes, Im upset because i put a total of 4-5 hours into the campaign and another 3 hours online and now everything is reset, im willing to give you my phone number and email if you would like to contact me im very upset please help.
Message 24 of 1,551 (3,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues on 360.  Last night I cleared catche and redownload  everything for it. 

When I click on quick match and pick a game it eithier goes to the load screen and freezes 10 - 15 secs into it and I have to turn off the system and turn back on or if I do get into the game I can play 1 game and after that it freezes back up when it loads the next game.  Last night it wouldnt even let me into a server said they were down.  I kept trying and that is what ended up happening.

This needs to get fixed and fixed fast or I'm returning for COD Ghosts

Message 25 of 1,551 (3,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS3 Slim.

Froze 6 times in a row trying to spawn last night. First time it happened was when I equipped the Indirect Fire loadout on Support class.

Deleted data and patch, reinstalled. Fingers crossed, I fired it up again and tried to spawn--it froze.....

Figured I would try one more time, but spawn with different class. Yeah, no freeze. Made the mistake of going to Support again-freeze.

At this point the only thing I could think of was the new loadout I changed-went back to Defensive on Support and no more freezes. Played at least a dozen more matched before turning off.

DICE, please fix this!

Message 26 of 1,551 (3,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm on a 1st gen 360 (which shouldn't matter by now) and I too am having freezing problems. Sometimes it'll freeze in game, sometimes even before I'm able to join and still on the loading screen while the game is booting up but mostly while I try to join an MP game. Very frustrating. I'm not having any issues with any other games. I have installed it on my hard drive and still have 58Gb left open. This happened 8 times in a row last night about 7:00 pm PST.

I have a few friends who are having the same issue. This did not happen to me in the beta.
Message 27 of 1,551 (3,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

@robqa81 wrote:

There was a guy in this comment section that said "set all your squad options to the default 'Defensive''" I did that,....and now my game actually PLAYS and does not FREEZE!! Thank you!!! But seriously.....EA,...c'mon, what gives?? You better get that ish fixed. ASAP. NOT COOL MAN 

I've seen a lot of people say this fixed it for them but I've been playing Defensive Support the whole time when I'm getting freezes. Hopefully this gets fixed either way.

Message 28 of 1,551 (3,470 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)

Various (I am on PS3):
    1) In Customize menu at the start of a match
    2) Map loading screen for Hotel Map on Rush mode
    3) During gameplay on Hotel Map
    4) While opening XMB
  2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)

1) Customize weapons menu
    2) Map load screen
    3) In Game
    4) Dont remember
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)

Slim
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze

Assault or Engineer
  5. Do you have any additional information for us?

The game needs better QA or more QA befoe launch and patch deplyment.
Message 29 of 1,551 (3,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
What class were you playing at the time the game froze
Do you have any additional information for us?

1. Always freeze when Hainan Resort map coming. Map rotation problem. When i try to connect from server browser to hainan map, seems to be good.
2. Next map screen
3. Xbox 360 Arcade with 250GB HDD

It is very annoying because the singleplayer and the other maps works fine.
Message 30 of 1,551 (3,454 Views)