[INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

★★★★ Novice

Also, I've redownloaded the game data utility/reupdated Battlefield 4 Twice, No luck.

Message 11 of 1,551 (5,756 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Attempting to spawn as support, having previously successfully spawned as both Assault and Eingeener.  Plenty of previous freezes due to spawning as support as well.
  2. Once I click to spawn the screen goes black, audio still occurs for about 3 seconds and then nothing.
  3. PS3 Slim (CECH 5201A)
  4. Support (Type 88 LMG with HD-33 and 2x Magnifer, Standard Barrel, Stubby Grip (though no attachment caused the same issue yesterday) with default paint).  Not only did the game freeze, but the whole system.
  5. I've had this happen several times.  If I have to redownload the PSN version again I'm going to be really really pissed. At one point yesterday I was on the server loading screen, it went black, stayed that way for over a minute and I was able to quit to the XMB.  However when I attempt to spawn it freezes the system completely.
Message 12 of 1,551 (5,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? - Loading map and on deploy
  2. Where is it freezing? one time froze loading the map, second time on deploy
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have? - whatever the latest one is
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze? Assault
  5. Do you have any additional information for us? Seems to only happen when loading the map (either from deploy or map change). Only crashed twice yesterday. Also, I have the game installed - downloaded form PSN - 250GB HDD, not much in it.
Message 13 of 1,551 (5,737 Views)

★ Novice
  1. Loading a new multiplayer match.
  2. After the graphic screen loads with the blinking white cursor is where it freezes on me.
  3. Xbox 360 slim with 250 hd.
  4. Disk installed to hd.
  5. Texture pack installed to hd.
  6. Update installed.
  7. Seems to occur when I first load the game and about an hour after playing.
  8. Game / system has froze 6 times in the last 3 days of playing. 
Message 14 of 1,551 (5,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Most of my multiplayer sessions end due to a freeze up. But today I seems to be wrost I have seen so far.

1. Just loaded into a CQ match as support, the spawn in menu was fine. (twice in 5 mins this happened today)

2. Freezing when I deploy, and on PS3 any way, it takes a few seconds for sound and some textures to load in, like the system is trying to catch-up on things right at the start, I can be driving in a tank and not get any sounds for several seconds.

3. Pre-slim era PS3, but not too old.

4. Support is what I run usually.

5. Some times I can play a few rounds, but it tends to freeze at the start of any given new match. The game just itself doesn't  freeze it locks up the whole system and have to manually turn it off at the hardware.

Message 15 of 1,551 (5,721 Views)

★ Apprentice

[PS3]

Hi just want to say that I have serious problems loading maps, it takes very long (I can hear teammates play and I am still loading for minutes) and some maps don't load at all.

For instance, 90% of the time I cannot play Dawnbreaker map, it goes to a neverending loading. I've also tried formatting my ps3 and reinstalling but no luck, Dawnbreaker is not working. Is loading forever, not freezing. If i quit the game during the loading , the ps3 makes a couple of beeps and then shutdown.

Also, when the game starts (on other maps) I occasionaly experience stuttering, missing sounds and bad framerate..

I have a slim ps3, playing recon on Rush

Thanks

Message 16 of 1,551 (5,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match) 

The last time it happened, I was shooting at someone on the Dawnbreaker map.  I have had it happen while trying to load a map as well.  Dawnbreaker map seems to be where it happens most frequently.  Although it has happened on the 'resort' level.  

Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy) 

Loading the map.  

Shooting someone.

Driving a tank.

What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation) 

Xbox 1st gen.

What class were you playing at the time the game froze 

Support and assault class

Do you have any additional information for us? 

I have installed both discs and the mandatory install.  I installed the mandatory install first.  

Message 17 of 1,551 (5,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There was a guy in this comment section that said "set all your squad options to the default 'Defensive''" I did that,....and now my game actually PLAYS and does not FREEZE!! Thank you!!! But seriously.....EA,...c'mon, what gives?? You better get that ish fixed. ASAP. NOT COOL MAN 

Message 18 of 1,551 (5,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match) - In the middle of the match playing CONQUEST on Operation Locker

2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy) Middle of the match on Operation Locker after that weird tower had collapsed and I was running there, an enemy started shooting me and boom.
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation) Super Slim 500 GB
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze - Assault
  5. Do you have any additional information for us?- No, just please fix this quickly!
Message 19 of 1,551 (5,694 Views)

★★★★ Novice
1. And 2. It has happened when joining a game, it has happened when transitioning to a new game and randomly through out any game. I have seen it happen doing just about everything.
3. Xbox Slim - Gears of war edition
4. Recon.
5. I can never join a server with a squad. One of us gets in and the other does not. Happens everytime.
Message 20 of 1,551 (5,684 Views)