[INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We need some of your information in order to investigate some freezing issues with the PS3 and XBox360 console. It would be great if you guys could provide us with the following data, it will help us to analyze this problems:

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
  2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze
  5. Do you have any additional information for us?

Please make sure that you provide us the information in the form above. You can post any additional information under point 5.

You should all make sure that you have tried the following workarounds in advance:

PS3

Update: If you are experiencing crashing issues while playing as support, please do not select "Indirect Fire" or "Perimeter Defense" as your FIELD UPGRADE.

Clear your game data;

This will clear temporary and downloadable files from the PS3 hard drive; some games may need to redownload patches or updates after the game data is removed.

Process:

1. Navigate to the Game section of the main menu.
  2. Select Game Data Utility.
  3. Highlight the game you are troubleshooting and press Triangle.
  4. Select Delete.
  5. Restart the console.

Clear your temporary files:

From the Cross Media Bar (PS3 Main Menu), locate the internet browser. Once there, select the Internet Browser with X. From the internet browser, press the Triangle button to reach the options menu. This menu will have multiple options. Please navigate to the Tools section. In the Tools section, there are a few items available for deletion near the bottom of this list. All of these options can be deleted without any negative consequences. Please see the Tool section here and delete the items below. Cookies Search History Cache Authentication Information Power cycle the PS3 console. Try to connect once again.

XBOX360

To make sure that no corrupt data is causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Cheers
Basti

/UPDATE: Xbox360 added

/Update2: PS3 new workaround added

Message 1 of 1,551 (51,610 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3 freezing/crash issues

★★★ Newbie

It isn't just the PS3 that is being plagued by the frequent freezing issues, it's also the Xbox 360

Message 2 of 1,551 (50,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
My game loads than once I click deploy it than freezes my whole system up within the 5-10 seconds.
Slim and 1st gen I tried it on both. Of them it did the same thing.
Engineer and support class I was.

Other info:
Game menu loads fine, searching game loads fine and entering a game loads fine. Once I select any class to start the game out on and click deploy it freezes. I did Enter a server with no players in it and I did not freeze at all. Just servers with players. This did start happening after I downloaded the newest update with this freezing thing. I may note I am one of the players who already entered my premium code in. I did that on the PSN. This is ps3 version. Hope these info details may help solve this issue soon.
Message 3 of 1,551 (50,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Update: i did everything including the clearing of Internet stuff and nothing worked.
Message 4 of 1,551 (50,949 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Guys please post your information as in the form above:

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just join server, in the middle of the match)
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
I added the Xbox360 to this sticky to help us getting more information about the Xbox issue. Cheers Basti
Message 5 of 1,551 (50,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

1. loading a new match

2. after the graphic screen while loading on the black screen with the blinking white cursor is where it occurs for me.

3. xbox 360 slim

4.  when it happens it is before you get to choose a class

5.  seems to occur after an hour or 2 of gameplay.  every time it freezes the system and the console is restarted it seems to be ok for awhile.

Message 6 of 1,551 (50,902 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1.just started game
2.Bout 5 seconds into deployment. Couple of seconds after spawning
3. PS3 Slim
4. Support
5.When I changed my FIELD UPGRADES from Indirect Fire to Shadow on my Playstation 3 it immediately stopped crashing.

Edit (via EANils): Highlighting this post as a solution for the PS3, thank you very much for documenting this. We are still investigating this issue, but in the meantime, if you are on the PS3 please do not select "Indirect Fire" as your FIELD UPGRADE.

Edit 2: No longer marked as solution due to remaining issues with the Xbox and other reported instances of crashing on PS 3.

Message 7 of 1,551 (50,880 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  1. This happened 3 times in about 2 hours of play, twice as I was joining a game (on the black loading screen) and once when a tank blew up beside me
  2. Loading screen mostly when joining a match right before it shows the server picture
  3. 1st generation Elite Xbox 360
  4. First 2 times I hadn't loaded into the game yet, the third time I was playing support
  5. I can't think of anything specific

**EDIT** My friend didn't seem to have this issue and he had installed the entire MP disc but I had not (hope that helps)

Message 8 of 1,551 (50,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1. In the middle of a singleplayer mission, or having a map load on multiplayer

2. In singleplayer, and Black Screen loading of Multiplayer after the Map screen

3.Slim

4.None, I cant get into a match

5. It sends me back to the XMB menu, so I must restart the game everytime.

@eabastian wrote:

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just join server, in the middle of the match)
I added the Xbox360 to this sticky to help us getting more information about the Xbox issue. Cheers Basti

@eabastian wrote:

Message 9 of 1,551 (50,791 Views)

★ Apprentice

1. playing match on conquest and other modes, round ended - at scoreboard screen

2. durring loading screens

3. xbox 360 slim 250 gb

4. assualt and support

5. mine crashed all the time on loading screens and sometimes during gameplay. it crashed many times during the loading screen for Hainan Resort but i also remember that it crashed during other map loading screens. I was in a xbox live party of 8 ppl last nite for about 6 hours playing bf4 and everyone else in the party had the same issue. my 360 crashed prob 10 times in 6hrs of play

i have not tried installing HD textures yet and i dont know how

Message 10 of 1,551 (50,785 Views)