Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by Drill_Dawg35

Original Post

★★ Novice

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)

-> In the middle of the match, playing Conquest at Operation Locker, and always around the B point.

2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)

-> When I am around the Operation Locker B point - In any time.

3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)

-> PS3 Super Slim.

4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze

-> Engineer. But it also was happened with Support and Assault.

5. Do you have any additional information for us?

-> I bought my PS3 with Battlefield 4 less than 30 days ago, and it was happened since the first day playing. Always on the Operation Locker, but another maps I also have experienced that. It is not a console problem. I have the Dead Space 3 and it never was happened. It also is not a overheat problem, the console always is cool.

EA and DICE, please test hard the game before sell it. I have paid a large amount to only play BF4 inside the PS3 and I can't since the game experience is really bad to me.

The BF4 will complete one year and we still have major issues. I am really disappointed with it.

Message 1541 of 1,551 (913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I usually crash during a match, mostly when things like levolution or explosions etc. are happening but one time I crashed while literally setting off in a vehicle from spawn. Sometimes then I crash while the next match is loading (it totally freezes like in the middle of a match) but sometimes it just runs the loading screen for literally like 10 minutes so I just quit the game.

It freezes while I'm playing or like I said while it's loading, and sometimes (rarely) when I'm waiting to deploy.

I'm playing on a super slim ps3.

I've crashed mostly while playing assault, engineer and support. I have noticed it hasn't really crashed when I'm playing recon, but that might be because I'm not really in the middle of the action (so more things going on and more reason to crash) so I think recon only never really crashes cause I'm away from the action/levolution.

Like I said I usually crash when a lot is going on like blowing up a tank or having a dogfight in a helicopter, just general in the action stuff. And levolution doesn't crash as much, but when it does, I tend to be looking/near the levolution. My ps3 works pretty much perfect for all other games. I've tried turning down the graphics and resetting my wifi router and resetting my Playstation wifi but it hasn't helped. I have also uninstalled the game, but it made no noticeable difference. Just another thing, my netcode seems to be worse after the CTE, before it, I only got shot while behind walls a few times, less than 10 probably. But after the 'netcode patch' I've been shot behind walls many more times. I've usually just run behind the wall and I'm at least 3 steps from the corner when someone who had been shooting me (who I got out of the line of fire of so he couldn't hit me) kills me... 

It would be great if you found a way to fix this as I really love BF4 and would love to play it without crashing everytime I set off C4 or shoot down a helicopter. Cheers, THeRemIX51

Message 1542 of 1,551 (852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Middle of a match

2. Already deployed, firing weapon.

3. PS3 Slim

4. Support

5. N/A

Message 1543 of 1,551 (782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1.I was on multiplayer just simply walking when in the middle of the game it frooze.

2. In a house in Paracel Storm

3. 1st generation (ps3) works perfect, yet the problem is with this game

4. Engineer

5. It happens everytime I play multiplayer, and it used to happend during the campaign mode

Message 1544 of 1,551 (773 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3 freezing/crash issues

★★★ Newbie

1. I was in gameplay.

2. Freezes up during gameplay, running standing etc. Any class will do it.

3.  Mine is the latest 320 GB version.

4.  Class doesnt matter.

5. Yeah, make all of the red dots easier to see, and make all the Ma Deuce's(.50 cal's mounted on boats & vehicles, tanks, Helo's, etc) in the game take someone out without having to hit them 15 times......

Message 1545 of 1,551 (764 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3 freezing/crash issues

★★★ Newbie

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)

Middle of the match in Operation Locker, B flag shooting down the downstairs tunnel. But that doesn't matter, I could have been doing anything on any other map and I would have still frozen.

2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)

This time was when I was in Op Locker, B flag downstairs. But it literally happens everywhere else, too. Every map, at any point in time.

3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)

PS3 Slim. But that doesn't matter. I had a PS3 Phat and it still froze on that.

4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze

Assault. But it's happened with every single class, too, so that doesn't matter, either.

5. Do you have any additional information for us?

If your game wasn't worth little more than dirt for a trade in at any game store that knows what your game is worth, I would have gotten at least SOME of my money back in a heartbeat. I keep sitting around hoping that the next patch will make the game playable, but it never comes. It gets worse each time, and I'm done having faith in your poor excuse for bug fixes and patches. For your next game, just take a massive, smelly dump in a game case so anyone stupid enough to spend $60 on anything you guys make can at least see it for exactly what it is and always will be.

Message 1546 of 1,551 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)

I freeze all the time in lots of differing game states but since Dragons Teeth I am having freeze problems mainly just at loading screen to get into match.  Sometimes I freeze up just starting the game when at the black loading screen before the main menu. 
Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)

Match loading screen
What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)

1st Gen PS3
What class were you playing at the time the game froze

No class because not in match yet.  
Do you have any additional information for us?

I am running wireless and have tried running direct ethernet. It seemed like running direct improved the problem as I could get into matches more often without freezing but invariably I would freeze at some point in the match.  I realized my internet speed was well below what I pay for so I had ISP out last week.  They rewired and upgraded some hardware and now I am seeing about 20mps down speeds.  This seemed to improve the freezing issue until today.  Also I had cleared cache/temp files etc and this seemed to improve the freezing, but like I said today all of a sudden I might get into 1 match out of 5 attempts and then I only successfully finished one match without a freeze and I was only able to successfully load a match 4 times.  I feel like the issue is related to connection speed. I have three kids that all have xbox 360, laptops, tablets and phones. When the internent gets congested with 4 people using the internet etc, the freezes seems to occur more often.  

Major note: This problem of freezing on loading screen was almost nonexistent before the Dragons Teeth update.   So today I cleared game data again. Started game and it updated.  I DID NOT install any DLC maps. Only have base game installed with update.  I joined TDM match and successfully entered match but then froze maybe 20 seconds into match.  Restarted and tried again... successful join and I've played 7 full matches with no freezing.

Message 1547 of 1,551 (657 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
Flying a SUAV.
Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
On Operation Firestorm. Freezing happens at random. Could be when loading, middle of, or after a game. All of the Second Assault maps have become what Dawnbreaker was. Firestorm is the main issue of crashing but the others do it as well.
What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
Xbox 360 Slim
What class were you playing at the time the game froze
Recon
Do you have any additional information for us?

The game is installed to the hdd with hd content all dlcs and the update that is available.

Message 1548 of 1,551 (630 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My PS3 has been freezing lately almost every match online. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it to be happening it just happens. Sometimes i will get 10 mins into a match and it just freezes. I have to do a hard re start and then it scans because the system was not turned off properly. This is ruining Battlefield for me and i have been a fan and loyal follower since Bad Company. Please fix this or at least respond with some sort of answer.
Message 1549 of 1,551 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is exactly what is happening to me also. It has however froze after i have deployed and has happened with all classes of weapons. Its kinda of odd that 2 weeks ago and prior i had 0 issues but then all of a sudden this happens.
Message 1550 of 1,551 (603 Views)