Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by babapetrol

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The last 2 times I played, I got right in, and no freezes!!!! Then today. I can't get past the opening carrier screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, WTF are you guys doing? I am a proffessional with little time. My kid is away. All I want to do is play this **bleep**ing game. But once again NO. This time I said **bleep** it and did not waste a half hour reloading etc .

This game would be incredible if you could play it. But it is criminal for you to release this absolute mess. If I was a shareholder I would demand the entire ea management fired. This is months of this BS. DO YOUR **bleep**ING JOBS!?!? Going on line to look for a class action to join.

Message 1231 of 1,551 (723 Views)

★ Novice

hey after the recent update my game freezes 

1:just joined server,sometimes in the middle of the game

2someimes on the deploy screen,sometimes when i click deploy and sometimes while playing

3:xbox 360 slim modern warfare 3 edition

4:i was playing recon class

5:just fix the damn game please

Message 1232 of 1,551 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have not been able to. Log on to the game for a week after pressing the start button. I just sit there and look at the naval ships and water . this has happened many times in the past for a few days at a time but now it's been a week straight. I have let it sit for hours at a time tried resetting system. Nothing works if I log out of psn it allows me to play single Player. But what's the point in that I beat it. I paid almost a hundred dollars. For a game I can not even play. Something needs to be done ASAP or I will be forced to take some course of action I feel. Like I have been ripped off severely. Fix this or offer some kind of retribution.
Message 1233 of 1,551 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie
System is first Gen ps3.and I am a premium member
Message 1234 of 1,551 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi all I posted last night my grievances with BF4, I followed the suggestion that was left on the help page of EA, I deleted the updates, cleared system cache, rebooted game re downloaded the lat update 8 started playing, and happy to say I'm CURED! NO MORE FREEZES NO PSYCHODELIC LEVELS. ..ALL IS GOOD! !
IN fact the game now plays as it should, FIRST MO FU TIME SINCE I PREORDERD! !
Im loving this game my kd ratio is awesome and improving, 3 straight hours of guntoting heaven! ! Thank you EA :-);-)
Message 1235 of 1,551 (679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree completely.  The entire management team is clueless and they clearly mislead their shareholders.  The game is beyond broke and its over 5 months since release.  Every day that I play the game there is some problem, with freezing being the worst.  I mainly play Conquest and randomly freeze across the maps, but Operation Locker and Siege of Shanghai are the worst maps for me.  I freeze about 90%+ of the time on Operation Locker near the B objective after the levolution event has occurred as do most of the people I play with.  It is not our consoles, but the crappy game/servers EA/DICE developed.  In my opinion, they have essentially stole from us by marketing a game that was and still clearly not ready for commercial sale.  If you find a lawsuit, please post it since many of us would gladly participate.

Message 1236 of 1,551 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Only thing is EA how do I re download the other updates I deleted before system cache clear where do i how do I find them????
Message 1237 of 1,551 (676 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That didn't work for me!!! I did all the steps and It still froze midway through the game!!!
Message 1238 of 1,551 (661 Views)

★★★ Newbie
1. In the middle of a match
2. Just died and it froze a few seconds later
3.slim
4.support
5. The steps provided did not work; freezing occurred after provided steps
Message 1239 of 1,551 (661 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
What class were you playing at the time the game froze
Do you have any additional information for us?

I have tried the fixes suggested.

I have tried playing different games types and different classes. Every round freezes either during actual gameplay or as the round is loading. Before it would happen maybe once a night but now it really is happening EVERY round since the last set of updates/patches.

I play on an Xbox 360 ELITE 250 GB. An older console for sure but I have no issues with any games and really didn't have any with this one until these past few days

Also being told every time I turn the game on that my saved data has been lost and then I have to reset all my game play options. ie audio, sensitivity, hints and tutorial turned off, brightness, screen adjust.
Message 1240 of 1,551 (652 Views)