Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by dbagcannon

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
-----End of a Conquest, Shaghai, Hardcore match.
2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
-----Just after "Your team win/lost" cutscene. It does not then go to the points screen. Crashes entire system! Can't even shut it down/quit correctly!
3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
-----1st Gen PS3.
4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze
-----Engineer, but this happened to me with other classes.
5. Do you have any additional information for us?
-----This never happend on my brother's Slim PS3 that I was playing earlier today!

I will try and follow the delete/data steps and see what happens......
Message 291 of 1,551 (536 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have lost so much xp because of freezing up. Doesnt matter what class i use, map i play, game mode i play, it still freezes 6 out of 10 games. I was 77-24 on obliberation in operation locker just now, with 16,000 points. Froze. Game before, 66-13 froze. I would be so manylevels ahead right now if it would stop. Its really upsetting me that i cant even enjoy my brand new battlefield. Ps4 comin out couple days. This better be fixed. I wanna be able to enjoy this.
Message 292 of 1,551 (526 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think the game is to in depth for these older systems honestly.
Message 293 of 1,551 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That is certainly true saying. 

Yellow Light of Death Fixing Guide

Message 294 of 1,551 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1: Playing Oblteration on Flood Zone

2: Froze mid-game, completely locked xbox up. Had to Switch it off and then back on.

3: Xbox 360 slim, 250gb HDD

4:Assualt, M416, medipacks and defibs

5:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/2/398070263203893248/184631977/ here's the game, my gamertag is Mr Baldyhead. This is happening every few games and is making the game unplayable.

I should also add that I followed the instal instructions to the letter and I have cleared my HDD cache twice and re-downloaded the updates.

Message 295 of 1,551 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed on the Xbox 360 playing from the disc the game freezes a lot. Downloading it to the hard drive fixed the majority of freezing. Also the game seems to freeze up while in Xbox Live Party Chat more than just being in Game Chat.

Message 296 of 1,551 (463 Views)

Xbox 360 - Hainan Resort Crash

★★★ Newbie

Repro Rate: 15/20

1. Load BF4 Version Retail w/Title Update 1 - game NOT installed to HDD (texture pack is installed).

2. Locate and join Hainan resort of conquest.

Current Result: about 75% of the time the title crashes upon joining Hainan Resort.

Note:  Other maps will crash frequently, but not enough to completely hinder experience.

Message 297 of 1,551 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Playing the start of the Tashgar mission in single player (chapter 6?).  I get in the truck and IRISH tellls me to get some sleep.

2. The screen goes to a black loading screen with truck SFX that loop forever.

3. Slim (?)

4. N/A (Single Player)

5. No

Message 298 of 1,551 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Xbox 360, slim 250g, resume campaign, hard mode, Tashgar, freezes before I can load back in, twice in a row this morning, had to stop mid way through yesterday due to freezes and Ai glitches at the dam. If I can't play multiplayer and I can't play campaign, wtf am I supposed to do with the game? I'm usually pretty patient with these things, but come on guys, this is ridiculous!
Message 299 of 1,551 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1: Playing Obliteration on Flood Zone

2: Mid-game

3:Xbox 360 slim, 250gb HDD

4:Assualt M416, medipacks and defibs equiped

5:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/2/398132432947362432/184631977/ here is the Battlelog report, looks as though a lot of peoples consoles froze. This is the second time in a couple of hours this has happened on this map today. First time when a Squad member spawned on me, second time just after I'd spawned on a squad member.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3083452030 also ran a test on my connection, seems fine to me so I'm not sure what more I can do.

Message 300 of 1,551 (441 Views)