[IMPORTANT] Missing China Rising expansion

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[IMPORTANT] Missing China Rising expansion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Update 19/12/2013: Please check following information if you have trouble getting access to your China Rising expansion. We updated the information as the release for the expansion is complete.

If you are not able to access your China Rising expansion on Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 yet, please check  following steps:

• Search for Battlefield 4
  • Select Add-Ons
  • If you have premium access, China Rising should be available for download without any additional cost

Our user dukefan provided following workaround and we got several confirmations that this worked for PlayStation user. If this workaround helped you, feel free to provide him XP for his work.

Boy are you guys going to love me. I pre-ordered Bf4 and had the same issue everyone else has had with downloading China Rising. It said my code had been redeemed yada yada. Like everything else with this release, they have not communicated info clearly.

1.Go to the playstation store

2.Go to BF4 page

3. Select add ons.

4. It will have China Rising (and yes it will say 14.99) and premium.

5. Select china rising.

6. On the next page will be a box that says click on version.

click on this box and choose the china rising that says free and enjoy the 1303 mb download

We are sorry for any confusion regarding the transfered old generation games to the next-gen consoles. Please keep in mind that only Battlefield basic game as well as the Premium membership getting transferred to the new console, no other DLC content is included in this offer.

In order to receive the Battlefield 4 Expansion Pack: China Rising on Gen 4, you need to have done either of the two following things:

• Pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for a Next Gen Console at full retail price.
  • Purchased Battlefield 4 Premium for either a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Console.

Please see the following Battlefield article for more information on upgrading from Current-Gen to Next-Gen: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

Please also see the following article for information on the benefits of Premium membership: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

If you are PC player:

• Log out of your Origin client
  • Close the Origin process with your Windows Taskmanager
  • Reboot your PC
  • Start Origin, login and check your BF4 game details page.

(Please keep in mind that you need to download the BF4 Expansion from the Origin game details page. You can find Expansions as well as additional content as icon on the bottom of the details page.)

If you still have this issue after following the steps above, you will need to get in contact with one of our Game Advisor for a further check of your entitlement. After a short verification process, you will need to provide following information:

• PNS Persona name
  • Origin E-Mail
  • Purchase date of Premium

We will keep you updated as soon as we have additional information.

Thanks for your patience,

Your Answer HQ Team

Message 1 of 354 (27,471 Views)

Re: [IMPORTANT] Missing China Rising expansion

★★★ Newbie
This helped on PS3 Thanks!
Message 2 of 354 (27,146 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

anyone suffering on PS3 this thread help me find the Ad on on PC, should be able to follow on PS3 to get it working. carn't test till later

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/China-rising/td-p/1941505/page/3

Message 3 of 354 (27,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileyvery-happy:Confusedmileyvery-happy:Confusedmileyvery-happy:thanks, seems to be downlaoading .

Message 4 of 354 (27,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm a PC player, and I'm still having the issue where Battlelog is telling me I need to download and install the China Rising expansion, but Origin has fully downloaded it and it's showing on my account. I have tried restarting my PC, logging out of Origin and even clearing my Internet cache+cookies but it's still not working for me.

Message 5 of 354 (26,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Im out of patience its the 5th of the 12th were i live. unacceptable. 2 weeks early access what  a load of crap its 12 days and counting

Message 6 of 354 (26,861 Views)

★★★ Novice
Finally it is downloading :3
Message 7 of 354 (26,838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have downloaded patch and china rising early access and still on servers labeled with green airplane Battlelog notices me that I need to download DLC. Confusedmileymad:

I reinstalled everything that can be reinstalled and nothing new. On my laptop with same Origin account everything works fine.

Message 8 of 354 (26,744 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Bf4 ps4 China rising downloaded. Can't play... No Connection to Server...System doesn't find cr content... Premium installied
Message 9 of 354 (26,682 Views)

Basti, I had a similar problem on Xbox One last night where the in game store wasn't even "there" it was grayed out so I couldn't even look for China Rising.  Have you had any other similar Xbox One reports?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 354 (26,652 Views)