I want to buy Battlefield 4 on Origin but I already have it on steam?

by Dynomoboy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I want to buy Battlefield 4 on Origin but I already have it on steam?

★★ Novice

A few months ago, I was able to buy Battlefield 4 premium edition on Steam as it was on sale . Even though the game is good I want to get straight from orgin as it takes quite longer to load up on Steam then it does on Origin for my battlefield 1 and 5 games ( I both own them on Origin). I want to only buy the normal version of Battlefield 4 on Origin. Will I have all my premium content and expansions if I buy the normal Battlefield 4 on Origin?

Message 1 of 8 (1,485 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want to buy Battlefield 4 on Origin but I already have it on steam?

@Dynomoboy I own BF4 on both Origin and Steam. You'll need to uninstall the Steam version before installing the Origin version and be sure to clear your Origin cache before installing it in order to minimize any potential issues. You'll have far fewer issues going from Steam to Origin than from Origin to Steam.

Regarding the DLC, you'll need to repurchase Premium (or the expansions) on Origin as DLC is platform specific and must be on the same platform as the game you are playing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,408 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Dynomoboy I believe you need the premium to get the expansions. The expansions are only free on the xbox as far as I know.
Message 2 of 8 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Dynomoboy

Since Steam and Origin are separate platforms you need to purchase the game via Origin again. (as you just did) 

Cause buying a game on one platform wouldn't allow you to play through the other.

So goes for add-ons like Premium and DLC's. 

It's a different story tho if at some point Premium or any DLC is available for free. 

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 8 (1,447 Views)

@Dynomoboy I own BF4 on both Origin and Steam. You'll need to uninstall the Steam version before installing the Origin version and be sure to clear your Origin cache before installing it in order to minimize any potential issues. You'll have far fewer issues going from Steam to Origin than from Origin to Steam.

Regarding the DLC, you'll need to repurchase Premium (or the expansions) on Origin as DLC is platform specific and must be on the same platform as the game you are playing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 8 (1,409 Views)

★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 thank you for your help , Just want to quickly ask does game date such as weapon unlocks and level transfer from Steam to Origin . Will i have to start all over again?
Message 5 of 8 (1,299 Views)

@Dynomoboy wrote:
@ragnarok013 thank you for your help , Just want to quickly ask does game date such as weapon unlocks and level transfer from Steam to Origin . Will i have to start all over again?

@Dynomoboy Yes your game client is linked to the same Origin client so game progress is shared. that being said any DLC that you have on Steam such as Premium/individual xpak if you don't have premium, weapon unlock kits etc that you purchased will have to be purchased again on Origin if you wish to still use them.

Message 6 of 8 (1,288 Views)

★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 Thank one final question, i have ready to buy the game on origin but i cant buy it .it only allows me to purchase it at a gift for someone else. Do you know how to bypass it and find the option to buy it on Origin.
Message 7 of 8 (1,278 Views)

@Dynomoboy Normally that only happens if you already own the game in Origin. Is BF4 currently installed in Steam? If yes try uninstalling the game, closing the Origin client completely and then re-log and try to purchase the game.

Message 8 of 8 (1,272 Views)