Re: I'm stuck on connecting on PlayStation 4

by CyberDyme

Original Post

I'm stuck on connecting on PlayStation 4

★★★ Newbie

I'm stuck on connecting on PlayStation 4. My ps plus is active and my Internet connection is good. If anyone has any insights please share your information so I can go back to grind. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,544 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

All servers have been acting weird these last 4-6 weeks.  If unlucky, your PS4 BF4 is just starting the 'joining server' process, but then gets stuck there due to problems on the server side with handling the connect and disconnect of players.  With the result that you need actually to close down and cold restart your BF4 application to be able to connect again to any server for joining a game.  Same as well if using hibernation mode on your PS4.  Answer is:  Dont.  :o)

Message 2 of 8 (1,524 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Yuri_Alexi are you still having issues with connecting to BF4?

/Atic
Message 3 of 8 (1,471 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Atic not sure if he responded. I have also been having this issue, tho no restart has helped, game, system, router or otherwise. I have been able to connect to most servers, but the one I personally have rented shows up on the server list, but no one (myself included) has been able to connect. Simply says "joining server" for 3 to 4 seconds, then a notification about "you have lost connection to this server. It may be loading a new map, or may have been shut down". Wording may not be exact, but correct message.

I contacted origin support assistant and was told EA is not involved in servers any longer, and was not even able to tell me for certain who I actually need to contact for assistance. Any light you may be able to shed on this would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Battlefield 4 is and has been my most loved game since its release, I would very much like to continue to be a part of it as long as possible.

Message 4 of 8 (1,377 Views)

EA DICE Team

What platform are you on? 

Do you have a video of your rented server state? 

EA Support don't have the tools to help out on rented servers anymore. If you are renting using console there is not much you can do. 

If you rented on PC you would need to poke the third party company you used to rent with. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 8 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Yuri_Alexi ,

Those symptoms can also appear if your server parameters have become corrupted or "contradicting".

Try first to delete all your custom settings, mode settings, map rotation names, etc.

Then start carefully again after the total reset by setting up first a single map and using standard game mode.  Aka Normal preset game mode, Shanghai, large conquest. 64 players.

Now go back in and join the server, to 'kick the box' back into gear.

Then quit again and make now any additional parameter changes as you like.

Again, watch out.  Setting some to the extreme boundaries will make it go stuck again, so only fiddle around with settings you are comfortable with.

Message 6 of 8 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Everyone,

I'm playing BF4 on PS4 during long years and in the last year something happened, now my BF4 only joins games in South America, but all my beloved hardcore servers are in US. What is happening? Could someone help me? I thought it was a general bug which will be fixed by EA moving forward, but it's happening during a long time. Is any kind of support ticket I could open? Any kind of knowledge base article for troubleshooting/fix this BF4 issue on PS4? PLEASE HELP ME! HAHAHA! I want my BF4 back as it was!

Issue:
When I try to join server I received an error "You were disconnected" and after that the rectangle saying "Joining the server" keeps in the right top corner forever...

Hope someone can help me? Should I uninstall the game maybe? It's being installed during long years.

B3n0n3-BR

Message 7 of 8 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstall the game an delete the saved data, the issue remains!

Message 8 of 8 (803 Views)