I forgot about snipers in BF4!

by lzilchetl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I forgot about snipers in BF4!

★★ Pro

I was really enjoying my return to BF4 until tonight. Just played a few rounds of rush on Rogue Transmission.... it was a nightmare. The hills were covered with snipers who spent the game spawn sniping. Horrible. Not experienced anything like that in BF1 or BFV. 

Message 1 of 6 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I forgot about snipers in BF4!

★★★★ Guide

Sing along if you know this one:

"The hills are alive with the sounds of  summer snipers" . . .

. . . 

A few gazillion sardine will pass by us soon here on Africa's East coast , says the sharks , dolphins , whales , tuna , barracuda , gulls , gannets . . . ALL waiting .

Further inland , a surging migration of a few million wildebeest will stop dead in their tracks at a wide river where just 8 or 9 crocodiles lurk within .

Now that I've threat-enlightened you , Mr Sardine and Mrs Wildebeest , I gotta ask :

You gonna run those wicked gauntlets , or are you gonna maybe swim a little deeper , or cross that river a little further upstream?

We can't score sustenance in the deeper waters says the fish , we will instead use our speed and sheer numbers to ensure that 'we' as a whole will succeed .

Nine crocodiles can't possibly eat millions of us says the wildebeest , and so they'll only pause a bit before they too make their mad dash across that river .

They'll pause as well before crossing even tiny brooks and streams too , as their instincts force them to scan for beady eyes scoping them out from water level . . .

. . . 

The unpredictably erratic , zigzagging forward running style that I call 'Jiggly Man' works very well in BF4 as a defense against being sniped .

However (likely due to more bullet deviation in BF4 I guess) Jiggly Man doesn't work as well in BFV .

A couple of restless 'can't-stand-still-for-a-few-moments' moments after Jiggly Man gets you to cover is what I call 'Antsy Man' .

This does work well in BFV even despite the bullet-thingy , likely due to its faster soldier movements .

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (421 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@lzilchetl if you want try to find a limited snipers server!
Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

★★ Pro
@mrdoom500 Will do, but made me think about how all the bad press about how things have changed over the BF4 - BFV journey makes us forget that BF4 was not the ideal we might think it was.
Message 3 of 6 (439 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sing along if you know this one:

"The hills are alive with the sounds of  summer snipers" . . .

. . . 

A few gazillion sardine will pass by us soon here on Africa's East coast , says the sharks , dolphins , whales , tuna , barracuda , gulls , gannets . . . ALL waiting .

Further inland , a surging migration of a few million wildebeest will stop dead in their tracks at a wide river where just 8 or 9 crocodiles lurk within .

Now that I've threat-enlightened you , Mr Sardine and Mrs Wildebeest , I gotta ask :

You gonna run those wicked gauntlets , or are you gonna maybe swim a little deeper , or cross that river a little further upstream?

We can't score sustenance in the deeper waters says the fish , we will instead use our speed and sheer numbers to ensure that 'we' as a whole will succeed .

Nine crocodiles can't possibly eat millions of us says the wildebeest , and so they'll only pause a bit before they too make their mad dash across that river .

They'll pause as well before crossing even tiny brooks and streams too , as their instincts force them to scan for beady eyes scoping them out from water level . . .

. . . 

The unpredictably erratic , zigzagging forward running style that I call 'Jiggly Man' works very well in BF4 as a defense against being sniped .

However (likely due to more bullet deviation in BF4 I guess) Jiggly Man doesn't work as well in BFV .

A couple of restless 'can't-stand-still-for-a-few-moments' moments after Jiggly Man gets you to cover is what I call 'Antsy Man' .

This does work well in BFV even despite the bullet-thingy , likely due to its faster soldier movements .

Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)

★★ Pro

Love that.post!

Message 5 of 6 (369 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

oohh yes! Everyone loves a good DMR on this too, especially on this map since you get stopped at the initial hills!

Servers with limited Sniper spots are normally the best way to go but I also do not remember BF4 being like this back in the day lol

Message 6 of 6 (351 Views)