How to fix BF4 stuttering problem...

by lCobraCommanderl

Original Post

How to fix BF4 stuttering problem...

★★★★★ Apprentice
Do you have stuttering issues with Battlefield 4 gameplay? 

I found out that an overheating CPU can cause very bad stuttering. I fixed it by dusting my heatsinks with compressed air. If you have a similar problem, you should try it. 

Also, you will get stuttering if you don't have at least around 8GB of RAM for this game.
Message 1 of 4 (465 Views)

Re: How to fix BF4 stuttering problem...

Hero (Retired)

Good points you have lCobraCommanderl,   I use a can of air on my PC's every few weeks dust makes evil issues on a PC. I also have ram issues in my game box I have 32GB so my vote would be to try 16GB ram. One can never have to much ram Confusedmileylol: But yes 8GB is good it is what they have recommended for BF4 it will work well  Confusedmileyhappy: Good on you for the post and like I said good post as some people never think dust can make such issues but it does. 

Battlefield 4 System Requirements
Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista SP2 32 bit (with KB971512 Platform Update)
Processor: AMD Athalon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 3870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive:
30 GB

Recommended:
Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-core CPU
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 3 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB

Message 2 of 4 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice

yea im haveing this too right after the recent game update yet they still cant seem to fix this crappy game(it used to not be so crappy) but hey i guess to them moeny is worth more than players who give the money. 

Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

Can you check to see if you have origin in game enabled (it's enabled by default) as it causes low FPS and sometimes lag. If it is enabled disable it and try playing again to see if the problem persists.

To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings". Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (315 Views)