How do you equip cruise missile on the call-in bomber

by CaptainGareth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you equip cruise missile on the call-in bomber

★★★ Newbie

So I got the achievement,"mother of all bombs" and unlocked the cruise missile for it..how do you equip or select it? I have been looking everywhere but I only seem to be stuck with JBAM bombs.

Please help

Message 1 of 4 (1,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you equip cruise missile on the call-in bomber

★★★★★ Expert

@CaptainGareth wrote:

So I got the achievement,"mother of all bombs" and unlocked the cruise missile for it..how do you equip or select it? I have been looking everywhere but I only seem to be stuck with JBAM bombs.

Please help

Hi @CaptainGareth ,

Been awhile since sitting in the call-in bomber, but recall that you change between the classic JDAM and the Cruise Missile in the same way in the game as when you are in aka the tank and switch between its two main weapons.  (so your 'cycle weapon' button!).  You will really enjoy the improved action and control till target with the Cruise Missile.  

If quick on target acquisition, you can typically run 3 missions of dropping 4 JDAMs on each.  But as you often observes, your targets often drives/runs away before the JDAM hits the ground due to its long travel time..

With the cruise missile, you will only have enough time for 2 runs with it.  But you can stay on the directional control of it down to the final impact.  And I also find the damage to be much much higher versus JDAM, on the same high level as the Commander get's in the game with his Cruise Missiles.  So if anything alive anywhere near where you hit, then you are certain to get kills with this thing. 

A few hints:  

The cruise missiles do have another huge plus side, namely the range of it is not limited, unlike the JDAM, the operator can guide the missile to any accessible point on the map before the bombing run stops.  So with cruise missiles you can get to hot targets way past away the center point limitations you experience with the JDAM bombs.

Also do not forget to use your flight controls, as you can actually direct the bomber plane to weir off to one side or the other side to some degree.  That can also help you towards better placement for the next targets ahead.  Think also that EA left in the option for you to still throw flares out, when you sit in the bomber and hear a locked AA missile coming towards the bomber, then you can release flare away, as you also can when flying other air vehicles.

Best of luck with your bombing raids!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@CaptainGareth wrote:

Please help

Hi @CaptainGareth ,

Been awhile since sitting in the call-in bomber, but recall that you change between the classic JDAM and the Cruise Missile in the same way in the game as when you are in aka the tank and switch between its two main weapons.  (so your 'cycle weapon' button!).  You will really enjoy the improved action and control till target with the Cruise Missile.  

If quick on target acquisition, you can typically run 3 missions of dropping 4 JDAMs on each.  But as you often observes, your targets often drives/runs away before the JDAM hits the ground due to its long travel time..

With the cruise missile, you will only have enough time for 2 runs with it.  But you can stay on the directional control of it down to the final impact.  And I also find the damage to be much much higher versus JDAM, on the same high level as the Commander get's in the game with his Cruise Missiles.  So if anything alive anywhere near where you hit, then you are certain to get kills with this thing. 

A few hints:  

The cruise missiles do have another huge plus side, namely the range of it is not limited, unlike the JDAM, the operator can guide the missile to any accessible point on the map before the bombing run stops.  So with cruise missiles you can get to hot targets way past away the center point limitations you experience with the JDAM bombs.

Also do not forget to use your flight controls, as you can actually direct the bomber plane to weir off to one side or the other side to some degree.  That can also help you towards better placement for the next targets ahead.  Think also that EA left in the option for you to still throw flares out, when you sit in the bomber and hear a locked AA missile coming towards the bomber, then you can release flare away, as you also can when flying other air vehicles.

Best of luck with your bombing raids!

Message 2 of 4 (1,119 Views)

★★ Novice
@CaptainGareth
Press 2 to switch to cruise missile, press 1 to switch back to JDAMs after use
Message 3 of 4 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just switch your weapon as if you are in a tank from main cannon to secondary fire system.

Message 4 of 4 (1,014 Views)