Re: How do I share my emblem with my friends?

by CyberDyme

Original Post

How do I share my emblem with my friends?

★★★ Novice

I have created an emblem on the companion app and it works fine in-game in bf4 but I would like to share it with my friends.
My friends cannot find my emblem listings on the companion app to copy and paste it.

The url link I sent to my friends either: doesn't work, or works but won't let them equip or copy it.

The emblem doesn't show up on my battlelog so it cannot be copied there.

I have gone onto emblemsbf and used their code in the inspect element console and the code it gives me back doesn't work.

How can I share this emblem with them???

Message 1 of 8 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Radian333 wrote:

I have created an emblem on the companion app and it works fine in-game in bf4 but I would like to share it with my friends.
My friends cannot find my emblem listings on the companion app to copy and paste it.

The url link I sent to my friends either: doesn't work, or works but won't let them equip or copy it.

The emblem doesn't show up on my battlelog so it cannot be copied there.

I have gone onto emblemsbf and used their code in the inspect element console and the code it gives me back doesn't work.

How can I share this emblem with them???

Hi @Radian333 ,

There are essentially two ways in which you can share your emblem with your friends:

1. Create a clan and ask your friends to join it!

By creating a clan and using your emblem, then all that you accept to join the clan automatically gets the option to:

a) Use the clan emblem instead of anything they may have already as emblem.

b) Use the clan tag as you have defined.

It is all optional for the clan members (your friends) if they want to use both, just one of them, or none of it at all.  And they can always just leave the clan any time they want and do what they want.  But situation is, as long as they are members of your clan and linking their emblem to the clan emblem that you have defined, then they will remain showing also that emblem on their soldier and in the game.  It also means that if you decide to change anything of the design on that emblem, then that chalnge will also be reflected right away on the emblem for all the members. 

2. Copy the emblem design code and share it as the 'text' with your friends through aka email.

This is maybe a bit more technical, but honestly not very difficult.  You simply just go into the emblem editor where you have your emblem right now.  Then you go to the source code listing of it and copy it all to your text editor.  Then you open an email and paste this 'emblem source code' into the email body text area and send it off to all the friends who wants to use the same emblem.  Upon receiving your email, they simply just open their soldier's emblem editor and copy and paste into this, the emblem source code that they have received from you.  Then they press SAVE and they are done!   This in principle functions as if they had made the emblem all on their own and its not synched or anything like with your local emblem, as it is if you joined the clan together and used the clan emblem.  Please notice that if you are a Premium license player, then you have access to special Premium emblem design components.  If you are using any of these in your emblem, then they will also need to be Premium soldiers to be able to use your source code for their own emblem.  This is not a requirement if you use method 1 described here above, as a Premium soldier creating an emblem for a clan, can share this emblem with all clan members even if the members are not Premium soldiers.

So depending on the purpose and how your friends prefer to get a copy of your emblem, then these two methods are both easy to follow and works very well.  Best of luck with it! 

Message 2 of 8 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CyberDyme I'm using Chrome, what is the source code usually named? There are a few files under the source tab of inspect element and I can't seem to find the one with the shapes in it. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
Message 3 of 8 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Radian333 wrote:
@CyberDymeI'm using Chrome, what is the source code usually named? There are a few files under the source tab of inspect element and I can't seem to find the one with the shapes in it. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

OK @Radian333 ,

Yes that is the hxrdcore way of doing it.

• You need to open your web browser's 'console'.
  • Here you see the entire webpage's source code so to speak.
  • Find the segment starting with this:
  • emblem.emblem.load({...
  • All here within the parenthesis is the code that makes up your emblem design.
  • Here you now copy what is listed in the source code for your emblem.
  • Save that as text.  aka NOTEPAD.EXE will do fine for this job.
  • -
  • Now go to your friend's soldier.
  • Easiest is then to first create a simple emblem for him/her, as that will create the "emblem.emblem.load({..."- anchor point also in the source code.
  • When you have this, then open up the webpage console page again, but now on your friend's soldier here.
  • Find the "emblem.emblem.load({..." segment and replacer it with yours.
  • Now on the webpage console screen you see a command saying either 'compile' or like 'run script'.  And that will essentially reload the webpage, but now include the updated emblem code that you have just injected into it.
  • You can now close the console window.
  • And then press the button on the CUSTOMIZE EMBLEM webpage to 'SAVE AND USE' emblem.
  • You have now your emblem copied onto your friend's soldier.
  • I would expect that you will be able to find some YouTube videos still around these days showing you examples on this.

Just looked up one of the many youtube vids illustrating this:

EmblemsBF.com / How to Share Your BF4 Emblem - YouTube

Best of luck with it.

Message 4 of 8 (1,385 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CyberDyme Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I'm using the companion app - not battlelog, since battlelog only allows for 20 layers. Unless you can help me port the emblem back to battlelog I won't be able to use that method
Message 5 of 8 (1,368 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Radian333 wrote:
@CyberDymeThank you for replying. Unfortunately I'm using the companion app - not battlelog, since battlelog only allows for 20 layers. Unless you can help me port the emblem back to battlelog I won't be able to use that method

Hi again @Radian333 ,

If you are a true Premium soldier in the BF world, then the Battlelog system grants you the full 40 layers for your emblem design, so that should not be any hinderance.

I may be wrong, but thought also that you always would keep the option to utilize the standard Battlelog web browser app for your soldier and the emblem editor whenever you wanted, no matter if you also use the Companion App.  But yes, you would need the Premium access if your emblem uses more than 20 layers.

Message 6 of 8 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CyberDyme I have the base game and all the DLCs,so it is too expensive for me to buy premium just for queue priority and less inconvenience with emblems.

Because my emblem uses more than 20 layers, I cannot recreate the emblem in battlelog. The companion app also does not let me port the emblem to battlelog either so you can see my dillema.
Message 7 of 8 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Radian333 wrote:
@CyberDymeI have the base game and all the DLCs,so it is too expensive for me to buy premium just for queue priority and less inconvenience with emblems.

Because my emblem uses more than 20 layers, I cannot recreate the emblem in battlelog. The companion app also does not let me port the emblem to battlelog either so you can see my dillema.

Oh yes @Radian333 ,

Sorry to hear that, as truly a rather silly limitation you have there with only 20 layers in the emblem editor via your standard game license!

But no way around that these days...  (except for the clan tag made by a Premium friend then...) 

Message 8 of 8 (1,351 Views)