Re: How do I change my BF4 user name on my PS4?

by JaysenOracle

Original Post

How do I change my BF4 user name on my PS4?

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I've got a bit of a problem and I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution.

I would like to change my soldier's name for BF4 on my PS4.

Is this possible? How would I go about it?

Here's the short version of why I want to change it.

1. I played BF3 on Xbox360 with the name Leadbelly66.
  2. I started playing BF4 on Xbox360, and naturally continued with the same name.
  3. I then bought a PS4 and started playing BF4 on that.......and this is when I made a bit of a blunder.
  4. I wasn't aware that the login name I chose to register my main account on the PS4 with would automatically become my soldier's name on BF4, but this does seem to be the case.
  5. I'm now stuck with my surname as my soldier's name on BF4 servers.

I have no idea how to fix this.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

What I want to do, I should spell out as clearly as possible, is to change my soldier's name in BF4 on my PS4 to the name I have on my Xbox360.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read this or post a response.

Message 1 of 4 (13,852 Views)

★★★★ Expert

The psn account name can't be changed, but the user name on the PS4 can.

To change the PS4 user name go to the name when you are logged in and press triangle. Then pick the name area and you can then change it.

Just create a new user name in the main menu and log in with that

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I'm also a victim of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 4 (13,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply jaysenoracle

I have just tried that.   It changed my name on the ps4 system (which is good), but it didn't change my player name on servers (which is bad).

I don't mind what name my ps4 knows me by. It's my in-game name that I want to change.

Message 3 of 4 (13,817 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

To change your player name, only way is to use an new email account for now.

I read/watched that Sony Corp may allow this player name change in the future.

Message 4 of 4 (13,809 Views)