Hey Ea, We still have issues with the servers! Unknown error 1 and, map chaning!

by Mrfuziphoo

Original Post

Hey Ea, We still have issues with the servers! Unknown error 1 and, map chaning!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know this has already been posted about 5 different times on the forums, but at this point the only way I see getting a real answer is if we keep bugging, I know this is an ea issue... We all know that. I've rented a server that I haven't been able to play once... I can join about a total of 2 servers with 30+ in queue. Almost every server is 0/64 and you cant join them due to [unknown error code 1] or a message about "Cant join as the map might be changing" I feel like the only way were going to get an answer is if we keep pestering. At least announce it? Tell us an eta on a fix? I feel completely irritated as I've recently pre-ordered 2042 and would like to be playing  bf4 while I wait for the new release..... As we almost all are. How are you going to do this right before a new release? We are buying the games, yet we cant even get acknowledgment from ea on twitter that the servers are having issues? Just tell us what is going on... 

2 days so far and the only thing we can get is a copy and paste response.

If ea is trashing the servers just tell us.... If the servers are getting ddosed just tell us....

You know whats wrong but wont give your customers anything

We love you ea we just feel left in the dark on this one. Please get back to us

Message 1 of 2 (2,168 Views)

Re: Hey Ea, We still have issues with the servers! Unknown error 1 and, map chan

★★★★★ Expert

Part of the problem was seeded back in January 2019 with a specific server side software 'update'.  And it has deteriorated since then with additional infrastructure and server side changes.  Mind you, the tech maintenance on the client side game software was terminated now 3+ years ago.  Which also hampers what EA really can/wants to do of fixing to keep it running smoothly.  That said, here is a schematic to illustrate the situation:

Ostrich.JPG

Message 2 of 2 (2,125 Views)