[HOW TO] Enable Battlefield 4 DLC's after reinstall - PC

by Anonymous

Original Post

Re: Reinstalled Battlefield 4 but cannot start the DLC('s) - PC

★ Novice

Hey i have got it too and i also have a ssd. and if i go in my regedit i see this i cant go futher than just battlefield 4!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm7lt0koi9wdddf/Photo%2001-04-14%2008%2054%2016.jpg

Message 11 of 39 (6,127 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

then you have to manually create xpack0, xpack1 and xpack2 under battlefield 4

Message 12 of 39 (6,122 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry insmithereens, but would you know how to fix the "Network has timed out" error? First time installing the patch for BF4 it gave me that error, I got the NS-DLC fine but the patch for the game doesn't work. I've tried repairing it but it says the same thing http://i.imgur.com/KEePAcs.png , my net is fine seeing how I did get the DLC... So no idea what to do except wait for another fix :/ 

Message 13 of 39 (6,118 Views)

★ Novice
This might be a stupid question but how do i created that?
Message 14 of 39 (6,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@highlow9, in the very first post on this thread Insmithereens explains how to create the Xpack files (click the SPOLIER below)

Spoiler

# Open REGEDIT (start > execute)
Find \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack0

There should be a REG_SZ entry called "installed" with "True". If the data is "false"
double click on the line and type in "true" and click ok.

If you are missing the entries, create them by right clicking in the empty space in the right part of
the registry editor and choose string value and enter the name "installed" (or rename to installed by
right clicking the entry.) Double click on the entry to open it and enter as value date: true and click ok.

# Repeat the same for the next:
Find \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack1

# If Xpack0 and Xpack1 are not showing, create them by right clicking on Battlefield 4, select "key" and
fill in Xpack0 as the name. Repeat for Xpack1. 

Below is a screenshot of what it should look like.

Go back to his first post http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Reinstalled-Battlefield-4-but-cannot-start-the-DLC-s-PC/td-p/... re-read and follow his detailed instructions Standard smile

Message 15 of 39 (6,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

@SalazaarXionon wrote:

Sorry insmithereens, but would you know how to fix the "Network has timed out" error? First time installing the patch for BF4 it gave me that error, I got the NS-DLC fine but the patch for the game doesn't work. I've tried repairing it but it says the same thing http://i.imgur.com/KEePAcs.png , my net is fine seeing how I did get the DLC... So no idea what to do except wait for another fix :/ @Anonymous

@SalazaarXionon 

You could try to disable upnp on your router. How this is done depends on your router so I cannot

explain that easily.

Message 16 of 39 (6,096 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tried doing it, but can't. :/ My net should be fine, I wonder though if I maybe delete the patch somehow i can re download it. Is that possible? Also I need to know where the patch is in those files... I can't play on any servers cause of battlelog saying I need to download the patch. which it wont.

Message 17 of 39 (6,073 Views)

Anonymous

I do not know if you can delete a certain patch. To check for updates you can right click the game and choose "check for updates"

instead of clicking it on battlelog. (that occasionally failed with me too)

Message 18 of 39 (6,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

**bleep**in-A!!! Thanks bro.

Message 19 of 39 (6,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed :/ I'm stuck with this. I went ahead and moved(backed up too) the whole patch file ( excluding the DLC files as they were fine) and re downloaded 1.27 gigs from "check for updates" I first clicked Repair game in hopes of it redownloading the missing file. It slows my computer way down and it says that Network has timed out error. Clicking Check for updates re downloaded the patch file. so I've confirmed my game is fully up to date. Battlelog is bugged somehow for me, cause it's saying i need to install the new patch.

Message 20 of 39 (6,019 Views)