Getting more help and recognition for no weapon glitch

by jaybodon

Original Post

Getting more help and recognition for no weapon glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is there anyway to get more recognition of this glitch to DICE? Can I send a video of the glitch? Please give me ways or even a link to give the no weapon glitch directly to dice (what advisors are saying). This is a very serious glitch. It allows you to not even PLAY the game just having you stand there useless not doing anything.

Note: The no weapon glitch in bf4 is the glitch that lets you spawn without a weapon in the multilayer( currently I heard this only happens for ps3). I've called 3 advisors for this glitch and none of the solutions such as, deleting game data, save data, clearing cookie cache on internet browser of ps3 and reinstalling battlefield4, has not worked. I have even restored my ps3(CLEARING EVERYTHING/DELETING EVERYTHING OF THE PS3) to fix the problem but still no solution has made this problem cease.

Message 1 of 5 (952 Views)

Re: Getting more help and recognition for no weapon glitch

[ Edited ]

This glitch also happened in BF3 and MoHW.  There is no fix but there is a workaround. When I spawn with no hands and no weapon, I hit the button to switch weapons (Triangle on PS3, “Y” on Xbox, and "2" on PC), the game will hesitate slightly and my hands will appear with my pistol.  I hit the button again and it swaps at normal speed to my primary weapon.  This works every time for me but not always for everyone who has this problem.  I play BF3/4 on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3 and it works on each platform for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 5 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunetly I tried it and never worked. I did try this on bf3 and it did always work.

Message 3 of 5 (931 Views)

There is a similar glitch in BF4 where you spawn invisible and you can't shoot at all.  Most of the time you have to die and then it goes away, other times the swap weapon trick will work after serveral repeated attempts and you suddenly become visible.   This has happened to me and I've seen others invisible with only a floating weapon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 5 (925 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you ever find a solution to this?  This started happening the day after I finished the campaign and unlocked the P90 (around 12/27/2013).  Other than an occasional freeze I had no other issues on BF4 on my PS3 up until then.  Now I can get through one or two games before I either lose my weapons after respawning or near the end of a game, audio elements (like ambient sounds and music) can no longer be heard and then when the game ends the End of Round stats never appear.  After that I never get into the next game.  

Here are two videos of my experience with missing weapons:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mxPbooD3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9g-rVe00EE

I also tried removing all game data, game profile data, backup/restore of PS3, all to no avail.  My son also had the same issues start for his profile this morning and he has not finished the campaign, so that may not be a factor, but I suspect something is getting corrupted over time.

Message 5 of 5 (885 Views)