Re: Getting kicked from the game by Punkbuster every time

by bishtop

Original Post

Getting kicked from the game by Punkbuster every time

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Getting kicked from the game by Punkbuster every time

I've recently reinstalled the game, had no problem playing it years back (have around 15-20 hours in the game) but for some reason I get kicked within the first 5 mins of the match. I've searched for many fixes and so far have tried the following:

1) repaired battlefield 4 premium and all the dlc packs

2) uninstalled/reinstalled punkbuster numerous times using the "pbsvc.exe" program within the battlefield directory

3) ran the test for punkbuster every time, and each time got the prompt "ran successfully without errors"

but still not working; however, I have noticed that some people say there should be 2 "PnkBstrA", as well as 2 "PnkBstrB" services running in the background, but I only have 1 one each, both are running and set to automatic

Message 1 of 5 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try launching the game through battlelog and see if you get a complete kick message. If it is a PB ban contact Evenbalance for help. No one here can undo their PB ban.

Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

★★ Novice
@sk1lld Ive done the battlelog thing, wanted to get the extension error code (ex 10000 etc) but only got the failed to join prompt, and when I tried to click on the "i" icon for extra info nothing popped up.
But Ive opened a ticket for evenbalance regarding the issue, so hoping for a response in the coming days
Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@ThiccDaddy64 have you got the latest version of punkbuster installed? 

1 go to http://evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php
2 download the file for all windows games
3 put the setup file into your pb folder for BF4

4 run it as admin and add bf4 it will download the latest files for you

Hope this gets you up and going

Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

★ Guide

Can you confirm Punkbuster is running in the background, right click your taskbar and then task manager. if it is then go to https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ and start a game from there and see if it gives you more information if kicked 

Message 5 of 5 (328 Views)