Getting BF4 premium with ea access

by Matt_evans1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting BF4 premium with ea access

★★ Novice
I am looking at purchasing premium for battlefield 4 then I noticed when I was on the EA access hub it says you now get BF4 Premium with EA access but if I go to install it it's still asking me to pay full price for it. Is there a way to download premium through EA acces for free or have I read it wrong?
Message 1 of 17 (13,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting BF4 premium with ea access

Community Manager

@Serious_Python Hey, we are aware of the issue and are looking into it. For now since you have the content I'd say just play away, I suspect/hope the Premium flag will quietly pop up on Battlelog when we get this fixed. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (14,456 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello! @Matt_evans1991

Have you become a member of EA Access yet? I'm pretty sure you should be able to download Premium for BF4 directly if you are an active subscriber.

Also, just to clarify, you need the base game first. Premium gives you access to all DLC's etc, but not the game itself.

Best regards

FIDELI7Y

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/FIDELI7Y/

Battlefield Community Helper Veteran & DICE Friend in BF3

Don't forget to "Grant XP" if you're satisfied with the support I assisted you with. Did I help you with solving a problem? - Accept my answer as the solution!

Message 2 of 17 (13,001 Views)

★ Apprentice

Which premium are you looking at? If you are looking at the full game it will say you need to pay. If you look at Premium by itself tho, it should be free with EA Access. Premium by itself is a 10MB or so sized file, so once you find that, that should be it.

Hope this helped! Grant that XP and accept solution if it did!

Message 3 of 17 (12,992 Views)

★★ Novice
I've been an active subscriber for a while now and I downloaded the base game from the vault when I joined. What I'm essentially looking at doing is upgrading it from the base game that I downloaded from the vault to the full premium add-on. But I cant find anywhere to download the add-on for free with EA. At this point I'm thinking of uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the vault again to see if it installs the whole package but I'm not sure if that will wipe my progress and I'll have to start again from rank 1.
Message 4 of 17 (12,983 Views)

Community Manager

@Matt_evans1991 Hey, that wouldn't impact your progress at all, you can try it but I don't think it'll help. 

Back on getting the Premium you should be able to just launch the EA Access hub app. On the front page there will be some promo material for the Premium giveaway, choose the relevant tile and it should bring you to the correct store page, from there you can install Premium. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 17 (12,959 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi

I have a similar problem and  tried all methods I could think of to get the premium to reflect. Although in game it says I have premium, the Battle log website says I do not have premium. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing from scratch through EA Access but the Website still doesn't recognize that I have Premium.

The Main game screen has the "Premium" on it and I have access to the DLC's and Premium dog tags etc.

How can I get the Website to recognize that I have premium?

Message 6 of 17 (12,937 Views)

Community Manager

@Serious_Python Hey, we are aware of the issue and are looking into it. For now since you have the content I'd say just play away, I suspect/hope the Premium flag will quietly pop up on Battlelog when we get this fixed. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 17 (14,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, that is awesome news. I'm hoping to start on those "Special assignments" to get that bow Large smile

Message 8 of 17 (12,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_David Hi I'm hoping that you guys have made some progress on this issue, has there been any updates?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 17 (12,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem and can't seem to get any answers on what's going on. Hope it gets fixed soon. Was really excited about doing the Phantom challenges...

Message 10 of 17 (12,757 Views)