Re: Getting BF4 premium with ea access

by MadmaxG79

Original Post

EA Community Manager

Hey @revan32198,

if your question is about the Phantom Assignment in particular and you got BF4 premium through EA Access, then I do have an answer - but you're not going to like it.

There are some features that are not available for Premium through EA Access as explained in this helpEA article - let me quote the important passage:

"Please note that some Battlelog features, such as Avatars, Emblems, and stat resets, are not available to those that downloaded Battlefield 4 Premium through EA Access."

The part about the Battlelog feature unfortunately includes the Phantom Assignment.

I hope you enjoy the game nonetheless - have a great weekend.

Message 11 of 17 (1,406 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same issue. i am happy to buy it through the store but i cant as is says i all ready own it, how can i remove it so i can buy it?

Message 12 of 17 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AntDomination13 Thanks great shout
Message 13 of 17 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found it by going to the stor directly and installing the dlcs from there as ea acces made them free hope I helped

Message 14 of 17 (1,094 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.

I'm an EA Access member, I have downloaded (and played) the base game, but I can't find out how to upgrade to Premium without paying. It's included in the EA Access Vault, no? So why does it still show me a price, both for Premium and for the individual DLCs in the PS Store?

Message 15 of 17 (886 Views)

★ Novice
@MadmaxG79 im having this issue too, On the PlayStation store it says its included in EA Access but still wants me to pay literally double the price of the game, I contacted EA support who just told me to contact Sony, but their support chat is not available at all, personally think a quick fix to this issue would be to just email people with EA Access codes to get the free premium upgrade that is advertised to us, this is rediculous.
Message 16 of 17 (836 Views)

★★ Novice

@___Smozoltov___  I was also in contact with EA Support who told me to uninstall the game, restore licenses on the PS4 https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html and try to download and install again. I am not about to uninstall everything and redownloading right now, since my PS4 is on a metered internet connectionI and that would take up too much of my total download.

However, I have come to the conclusion that BF4 Premium is just not free for PS4 EA Access members. If you look closely at this page:

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/landing-page/battlefield-4

...it specifically states 'Xbox One' multiple times on the page. It's not very clear and should be communicated better by EA but that's the way it is.

Also, if you look at the bottom of this page, under Vault Add-Ons, it specifically states BF4 Premium with a Xbox logo.

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games

It sucks, I know, since I specifically signed up for 12 months of EA Access on the PS4 because I was under the impression that BF4 Premium was part of the package. Now I'm seriously considering getting Premium for the PS4 (at 10% discount because of the EA Access membership) but I honestly feel misled and cheated...

Message 17 of 17 (807 Views)