Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659

by Nidderauer4

Original Post

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I called you out because there's no option to quote your text thus I have added in your name. Have you seen the replies that you receive from the solution that you posted? How many of them replied that it actually works using that solution?

I'm just trying to help by saying out other options. I'm saying if it can't work, can try other options and not necessary have to open all the ports. There's no need to be offensive when I mention that you soultion is not working. Cheers, I'm loggin out for dinner.  Standard smile

Message 21 of 30 (1,715 Views)

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

★★★★★ Expert

Nah I was not offencive, just the way you said it makes it like it never will work.Confusedmileywink:

We have seen replies in other threads, where the users say it will work, but yes there have been negative responses as well.

Also note, it is extremely good to mention other options and ways to solve the problem, but mentioning of an unknown, un-supported, un-official program is a no go and not allowed for many security reasons (especially if it is from some unknown video, leading you to unknown links to download and install an unknown program, from an unknown site). We will be removing this from users posts, as it may have harmful programs and viruses that can damage your PC. Only supported and official programs should be trusted and nothing else.

I suggest you, if you are done with the program, to remove it completely from your PC and to do a full virus scan. Also delete your browser history and any file that you have downloaded. I am saying this for your own protection.

Message 22 of 30 (1,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is nothing short of pathetic.

I have manually made sure all ports were properly forwarded, yet I keep randomly getting this error message and I can do NOTHING about it until it just as randomly stops giving me the error message. During that time I can not join on any servers. And trust me, I have tried everything from killing Origin, updating PB, restarting my PC to powercycling my modem.

This is an AAA game with a millions budget. Exactly how much of that actually went into quality assurance???

Random errors that completely shut down the game are NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Message 23 of 30 (1,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And again. Problem somehow fixed itself over night, was playing today, had a break and wanted to play again "please check if port 3569 blablabla".

WHY.

THE **bleep**.

IS THIS PROBLEM NOT FIXED AFTER MONTHS!?

What happened to the "we won't be releasing DLCs until the game is fixed" promise? Did they just conviniently forget it. Or what sort of screwed up definition of "fixed" do the developers have?

I am sick and tired of this game being so broken than I can't even play it, at all, ... and NO ONE KNOWS WHY!

Seriously people, what's wrong with this picture?

Message 24 of 30 (1,576 Views)

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

wow this problem is 8 months old, dear me EA.....

Message 25 of 30 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

AGREED! This is a problem for the development team to fix!

Message 26 of 30 (1,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

t's a bug that occurs when servers see two or more computers on the same shared internet connection and causes the second computer trying to log on to the server think that the ports are not open.

Message 27 of 30 (912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

I think I have the solution. this problem bothered me for few months too and its NOT because of the ports.

You need to -download the PunkBuster setup; - http://www.punkbuster.com/

- unzip the thing

- execute the .exe

- click update (just too be sure, mine was updated already ofcourse)

- click "add a game" and add battlefield 4

- it will take about 1.5 minutes and its done

Then just close the thing and it will say "this program might not have installed correctly", but just click "this program installed correctly"

DONE

I tried two different servers, I was so happy. Of course first server I joined a hacker was raging; he killed everyone with a munition supply WTF EA WTF?

Im not sure I want to play it at all anymore on PC. PS4 version is much better(less hackers presumably), but it took a year to be really enjoyable #laaaaag

Message 28 of 30 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not had any success with this solution.  I have followed the steps in opening ports in my router, disabled my Norton Security, talked to my ISP, and tried many things, and to include hours of searching.  It looks like I am forced to be done with EA/Origin games.  BF4 was my favorite and it will be missed, and I am very disappointed.  I have a help ticket in with EA and talked to techs and no success.  The techs keep pushing to have my ISP open ports, but they said they do not open ports for security reasons so I am stuck with useless paid software from EA.

Message 29 of 30 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello!!! @Infernoofdk

Reinstall DirectX.
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2. Find a file named DXSETUP.exe, Right click on it and select Run As Adminstrator. Install it, and it should have updated your DirectX installation.
3. Restart your computer
4. Try to launch and play the game.

Make sure your drivers are updated.

Be sure that you've disabled Ad Blocking software (For an example AdBlocker) in your browser and be sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe Flash.

For Battlefield on PC, Enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Also see this EA Help article for information on opening TCP or UDP ports: http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Are you running the game as Administrator?
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to Properties, then Compatability and tick the box next to Run this as Adminstrator.

Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.
Now you can try playing the game.

Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2. Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose Run As Adminstrator then follow onscreen prompts.

Good luck!

Message 30 of 30 (513 Views)