Re: Game crash with no errors

by Kavvasakiman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crash with no errors

★★★★★ Newbie

Just started recently playing again in the last 24 hours. What is going on is I'll be able to connect and play for a pretty good amount of time. But the BF4 application itself will crash and battle log will state I'm still connected and playing. Now there are no errors of any kind coming up, no pop ups, and nothing telling me of any kind of an error. It's pretty much acting like you killed the application yourself (Alt+F4). It will do this several times over and over. I just recently re-installed Windows, GPU Drivers, etc. So my computer is running on a fresh install of everything. I went ahead and did another clean install of the NVIDIA drivers and it still doesn't help at all.

At this point I'm at a loss of what could be causing. I did re-install BF4 and it doesn't seem to help at all either.

Message 1 of 6 (650 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

That seems to have done the trick @EA_Blueberry , thank you!

I had corrupted files within my Origin folder, which of course wouldn't delete while I was following your steps. Once I got rid of the files, I ran a disk check and re-installed Origin, everything is now running fine. I'll keep a close eye on my drive (Samsung 840 Evo SSD) to make sure its not behind the corrupted files, but all seems well for the moment.

So its back to the Metro for me :-)

Many thanks

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (554 Views)

All Replies

What is your PC specs and OS?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Intel 3570K

16GB DDR3

ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 1080 T.I.

RM 1000X Corsair Power Supply (1000 Watts)

500GB SSD

Windows 10

Dell 27in 1440P G-sync panel

Message 3 of 6 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DWCookster Don't worry, it's not you.

The exact thing is happening to me. I haven't played BF4 in a couple of months, but recently started up again, and 3 out of every 4 games will now end in a random crash. Nothing else has changed with my setup, or the BF4(Origin) install. This has to be either a Windows(10) update issue, or the BF4 app itself. Maybe it just doesn't like the latest drivers?

I'll post a solution here if I find one...

Ryzen 7 (1700)

32Gb DDR4

GTX1070 8Gb

Samsung 500gb SSD

Message 4 of 6 (584 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Kavvasakiman @DWCookster

Can you let me know if these steps help?

1. Delete Origin and re-install the latest version. Download here
  2. Right-click on Origin from your desktop shortcut and run as administrator
  3. Perform a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin. (It might be a program running in the background that's conflicting with Origin. We've seen discord cause some weird errors with Origin just recently.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That seems to have done the trick @EA_Blueberry , thank you!

I had corrupted files within my Origin folder, which of course wouldn't delete while I was following your steps. Once I got rid of the files, I ran a disk check and re-installed Origin, everything is now running fine. I'll keep a close eye on my drive (Samsung 840 Evo SSD) to make sure its not behind the corrupted files, but all seems well for the moment.

So its back to the Metro for me :-)

Many thanks

Message 6 of 6 (555 Views)