(Fix) Getting Stuck Swimming in U.S.S. Titan Corridor

by GT500org

Original Post

(Fix) Getting Stuck Swimming in U.S.S. Titan Corridor

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I realized that the game was probably designed for consoles that ran at 30 FPS, and my framerate was a pretty consistent 200 FPS, so I assumed this must be related to the bug that was causing me to get stuck in this corridor you have to swim through in the U.S.S. Titan (aircraft carrier). I used RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS) to cap the game's framerate at 30 FPS, and I was able to swim through the corridor without issues. I still moved slower than the NPC's did, however I didn't get stuck once with the FPS limit in place, and I was through the corridor in a minute or less without needing to take any additional steps.

For those who aren't familiar with RTSS, it's a software that comes bundled with MSI Afterburner. It's used to handle displaying the OSD (On-Screen Display) and gathering statistics from games (FPS, frametime, etc). Below is a screenshot of my settings in RTSS, with a red box around the framerate limit (click in the box to edit it, type in a "30" and press "Enter" to cap the framerate, then later change it back to "0" to remove the limit).

Note that I have MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta 4 installed, which comes with RTSS 7.3.0 Beta 9. If you install MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 (the latest stable version) then it will come with an older version of RTSS than what you see in my screenshot, however it should still look the same and have the same basic features.

Edit: "On-Screen Display support" does not need to be on for the framerate limit to work. "Application detection level" defaults to "None", and may need to be changed to "Low" before the framerate limit will apply to the game. All of the settings in RTSS have tooltips that explain their function, however "Application detection level" may not be completely clear, so all you need to know about it is that "Low" is the minimum required setting to collect data from the game and draw the OSD.

RTSS_BF4_30_FPS_Limit.png

Message 1 of 1 (864 Views)