FPS gets gradually lower

by AFlappyTeddyBird

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FPS gets gradually lower

★★★★★ Newbie

I have set the upper FPS limit to 120fps in the config files and every time I start a BF4 round, I start out with a constant and solid 120fps. This continues for roughly 5 minutes and then the fps drops to 110 fps, after another 5 minutes I have 60fps, another 5 minutes and I play with 30 fps and below. Afterwards it's basically a slideshow...

When I use PerffOverlay.DrawGraph it tells me the CPU is at the top-limit, but when I use Windows Taskmanager (Win 8.1) my CPU usage is barely above 10% (Intel i7-4770k).

Message 1 of 10 (447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FPS gets gradually lower

[ Edited ]

@AFlappyTeddyBird wrote:

The problem persists. I have tried lowering the video settings, using the Repair function of Origin and re-installing the game also. None of those were of any help.

1.  For AMD GPU users disable Catalyst from loading at bootup via MSCONFIG.  This was a solution posted on the official AMD forums and seems to help some people.

2.   If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

3.  If you are using MSI afterburner or Razer Cortex turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

4.  For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode. 

5. Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it.

6. Some AMD users report that if they disable Mantle and choose to run via Direct X 11 their problem goes away.  If you're using Mantle please try Direct X.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (410 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please provide us some details about your videocard as well as the driver version of your card and try to disable the Origin "In Game" overlay function in Origins application settings?

Message 2 of 10 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have 2 AMD R9 290X in CrossFire with Catalyst Version 14.3

Edit: GPUs are Reference design Sapphire Cards

In Game overlay function is disabled.

Message 3 of 10 (414 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

HAve you already checked if the issue still persists when you run the game with only one videocard instead of with both via crossfire?

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 10 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The problem persists. I have tried lowering the video settings, using the Repair function of Origin and re-installing the game also. None of those were of any help.

Message 5 of 10 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AFlappyTeddyBird wrote:

1.  For AMD GPU users disable Catalyst from loading at bootup via MSCONFIG.  This was a solution posted on the official AMD forums and seems to help some people.

2.   If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

3.  If you are using MSI afterburner or Razer Cortex turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

4.  For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode. 

5. Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it.

6. Some AMD users report that if they disable Mantle and choose to run via Direct X 11 their problem goes away.  If you're using Mantle please try Direct X.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 6 of 10 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have 2way sli gtx760sc and bf4 is just unplayable, and if I get some 10fps I have to thanks God. the problem continues even if I desable SLI. here is a list of what i have already done:

repair game from origin;

re-install game;

update diretcX;

update frameword .net;

update c++;

3 versions of nvidia drivers;

only bf4 i get this problem, my other games run perfectly. I don´t know what to do anymore. (17-11-2014)

Message 7 of 10 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I will try these solutions now.

Well, only 1,4 and 6 are applicable to me anyways, but I'll post here again (or edit this post) if any of these worked.

Thank you!

Edit: I disabled Mantle and Tada: Stable 200fps. Thank you very much kind sir!

Message 8 of 10 (390 Views)

@AFlappyTeddyBird wrote:

I will try these solutions now.

Well, only 1,4 and 6 are applicable to me anyways, but I'll post here again (or edit this post) if any of these worked.

Thank you!

Edit: I disabled Mantle and Tada: Stable 200fps. Thank you very much kind sir!

Oustanding, I'm glad that we could help!  See you on the Battlefield!

Message 9 of 10 (384 Views)

@masterkmilo wrote:

i have 2way sli gtx760sc and bf4 is just unplayable, and if I get some 10fps I have to thanks God. the problem continues even if I desable SLI. here is a list of what i have already done:

repair game from origin;

re-install game;

update diretcX;

update frameword .net;

update c++;

3 versions of nvidia drivers;

only bf4 i get this problem, my other games run perfectly. I don´t know what to do anymore. (17-11-2014)

Have you tried disabling the Origin in Game overlay?  I experienced similar problems back after the June update and disabling that solved my problem at that time.

Message 10 of 10 (383 Views)