FIX FOR BF4 STEAM LAUNCH ISSUE:ASKS FOR CD KEY, PLAY BUTTON GREYED OUT ON ORIGIN

by LAMBEAUXx

Original Post

Re: FIX FOR BF4 STEAM LAUNCH ISSUE:ASKS FOR CD KEY, PLAY BUTTON GREYED OUT ON OR

★★★★ Novice
@BlumePK If you don't want it fixed, nobody's making you do it. A lot of us have been dealing with this for like a month and finally got an explanation from the support team themselves about what they did to fix it for us. If for whatever dumb reason you think we're lying, have fun staring at your broken game until EA is in the mood to give a sh*t about flicking that same switch for everyone else
Message 11 of 15 (877 Views)

Re: FIX FOR BF4 STEAM LAUNCH ISSUE:ASKS FOR CD KEY, PLAY BUTTON GREYED OUT ON OR

★★★ Apprentice

So i've encountered with competent support and they've fixed it just by adding back on account

Message 12 of 15 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have same issue. i purschased game and it says get an activiation code. Still cant play with my friends. i bought on steam and they didnt help. ea dont fix anything.. Can anyone solve this ?

Message 13 of 15 (843 Views)

★★ Novice
@LAMBEAUXx So what is the fix?
Message 14 of 15 (782 Views)

BF4 Still greyed out since October 8th

★★ Novice

On October 5th I played Bf4 without any issues until the 8th when the game suddenly started asking for CD-key.

CD-Key was resolved but the issue still continued and doesn't display any info on what was going on and has been continuing for a month and still continuing.

I contacted Support in October 27th and they responded to me on November 7th and told me to

Right Click on the game and select repair.

These are the only options that show up are

- Play (Greyed out)

- Favriotes

- Achievments

-Properties

- Hide 

- Uninstall

Another EA Support member contacted me and said  this list of things to do.

> >Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.

> >Make sure that Origin is up-to-date.

> >Make sure Time/Date is correctly set on the PC.

> >Reset Internet Explorer Settings and visiting the below link:

Advise the Player to select either option 1 or option 2 depending on their OS and preferences.

> >Untick the options in the LAN Settings.

> >Clear Origin Cache Data.

> >Reset the Windows Host File.

> >Reboot your computer.

> >Flush DNS.

This didn't help resolve the issue as a matter a fact It created more issues than resolving them.

So why am I posting on Answers HQ?

Ask Steam Support

Message 15 of 15 (732 Views)