FAILED TO JOIN SERVER Already in a game session

by Duenas99

Original Post

FAILED TO JOIN SERVER Already in a game session

★ Novice

If somebody could help me I cant access a specific server with the following: FAILED TO JOIN SERVER Already in a game session. Every other server works fine. And no, I am not banned. Thanks.

Message 1 of 14 (5,025 Views)

Re: FAILED TO JOIN SERVER Already in a game session

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Duenas99

What platform are you playing the game? Can you give us the server name? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (4,982 Views)

@Duenas99 wrote:

If somebody could help me I cant access a specific server with the following: FAILED TO JOIN SERVER Already in a game session. Every other server works fine. And no, I am not banned. Thanks.

I see that you are on Playstation http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Duenas99/ is this happening on PS3 or PS4?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 14 (4,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Replying to this cause it's a recent post, I'm getting the same error. Joined my fave server, played for a few mins, quit like usual, came back an hour later and bam same message. Other servers work fine, i'm not banned from the server according to the admin. My mate was on the server fine, logged out of psn, logged onto mine from his ps4 and got the same message on my account, yet his works fine.

Playing on PS4, here's my log: Battlelog: Hybridkore

Server in question: T9_STRANGE_MUSIC AUSSIE/NZ ALL MAPS ROTATED HARDCORE

I also get a popup when I join other servers, possibly connection related?

Message 4 of 14 (4,944 Views)

@hybridkore wrote:

Replying to this cause it's a recent post, I'm getting the same error. Joined my fave server, played for a few mins, quit like usual, came back an hour later and bam same message. Other servers work fine, i'm not banned from the server according to the admin. My mate was on the server fine, logged out of psn, logged onto mine from his ps4 and got the same message on my account, yet his works fine.

Playing on PS4, here's my log: Battlelog: Hybridkore

Server in question: T9_STRANGE_MUSIC AUSSIE/NZ ALL MAPS ROTATED HARDCORE

I also get a popup when I join other servers, possibly connection related?

Is this the only server that this happens on or is it every server? Are you able to join any servers? If it's just this server the popup is because it's a 60 tickrate server and it's telling you about potential issues and explaining the icons that may pop up as warnings on 60 HZ servers.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 14 (4,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm able to join other servers, and they all show the tickrate popup, but the only one I can't join is the one on my favorites as listed above.

I'll give it another try now that I've left it overnight and been to work etc as one of my platoon mates said sometimes waiting 24hrs fixes it

Message 6 of 14 (4,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did anyone actually get an answer here?
Message 7 of 14 (4,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not that i have seen and this is making me insane

@merendino427 wrote:
Did anyone actually get an answer here?

Message 8 of 14 (4,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Contacted EA about this yesterday. Prior to their solution I tried the following, none of which helped resolve the issue:

1. Restarting XBOX.

2. Sign out, restart, sign back in.

3. Unplug Xbox, let sit, plug back in/

4. Restart router.

Suggested by EA support is to clear Xbox alternate MAC address. Go to Xbox dashboard. Go to system settings Go to network Go to advanced settings Go to alternate MAC address Clear Your Xbox will tell you It will restart.. Have not tried this myself yet but figured I will post this since I have not seen any solutions posted for this problem.

Let me know if it helps.

Message 9 of 14 (4,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just got this error on my friends server. I was in game and it kicked me out and gave me the "failed to join server, already in game session" I'm on PS4 and I'm an admin on that server. I tried everything that could solve the problem that's listed on here. Nothing worked.
Message 10 of 14 (4,357 Views)